Thread: N5200 Cannot Keep Time!

Thanks

N5200 Cannot Keep Time!

Has anyone else on the forum observed the problem that the N5200 does not change clock time even when you adjust the region setting in the administrator control panel?

The clock on the log-file as well as the front panel LCD continues to display a time that is 4 hours ahead of my time zone no matter which time server I select or even if I enter the time manually.

It is creating real confusion when we try to interpret the log files as well as trying to manage the power management features to auto-start/stop the Thecus.

Any replies greatly appreciated,

Thomas
    E-mail: trut (at) vvm (dot) come
    I'm a newbie poster and the system will not allow a URL

Thanks

Re: N5200 Cannot Keep Time!

Dear Sir,

If we change the time setting from WEB interface, and LCD would change with few seconds too, thus would you please stop the NTP server and than via namual key in system time and verify this?

Thanks

Set Your time manually the first time, so that You have a almost correct time, then activate the NTP service - thats a common known limitation of the NTP service, that it can not correct big time differences.
    br
    Peter

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, but the problem is a little more complicated and it is really not intuitive, but I can share with others how to fix the problem:

1. log-in as administrator and set time to manual
    2. Chose Europe (or wherever you are) and manually enter the time
    3. Save changes and then re-log-in. You will see initially that the log file, the system clock as well as the LCD panel have not changed. Simply ignore it for awhile and go get a coffee or go to bed.
    4. After some amount of time, reconnect and also check the LCD panel. The clock should have finally taken the change.
    5. Log-in and set the clock back to auto with a time server of your choice. All should be well from this point on.

A very strange bug that hopefully Thecus will resolve in a future firmware release as it does create a lot of confusion in resolving Log files and time/date stamps on the NAS!

Thomas

And thanks to the thread w w (w) . thecusform(.)eu(/)showthread.php(?)p=804#post804
    ....just remove the extra spaces and paranthesis (I have fewer than 5 posts so cannot submit the URL directly)

Thread Information