Thanks
    • jack65's system
      • Storage:
      • n299 with 2x wd 320gig
      • Operating System:
      • vista basic

N299 and Vista

Hi guys

Well i just got this n299 put 2 hd ( wd 320gig ) in and off i went.... then Stop!
    even thought the setup says it changes the the ip for my n299 ( i have a belkin router that uses the lan ip 192.168.2.1 as standard)
    i could not for the life of me get the n299 to work, untill i changed the router to the new lan setting of 192.168.[B]1[B].1 once this was done i was in to the admin panel straightaway, i say this for newbies like myself as a reference only.

Any way all is great now apart from this one thing.....
    The gallery will not show any pic that i have uploaded, i log in as a normal user, i can see the icons and they have the names of the folders but when i click on to a album there is nothing except for "Gallery > 2008-02-28 new's album" , if i log in and use the icon on the top right corner it takes me to the page about "XP Web Publishing Wizard Client" which i have done but in vista i don't see the "Publish xxx on the web in the left pane." so there is no way i can see the pics apart from useing the web disk and going into the album folder then i can see the list of pic and click to get one at a time.

so after this long winded speach my question is how does one see the pics from the web broswer using gallery and is there a way to get vista to see this like in XPwindows.

i must say that itunes and so on work well.

If any one can help i would be greatfull to say the lest.

Thank You
    Jack65

Thanks

Re: N299 and Vista

Dear Sir,

N299 preset IP at 192.168."1".100 on WAN port and LAN port preset at 192.168."2".254, but your route using 192.168."2".1, it is 2 difference segment thus why can't access to each other. And why N299 can't change WAN IP to 192.168."2".100, because LAN port at 192.168."2".254 already....

The WEB album we need createing the albums first and than uploading picture and browase, following N299 manual page 63 for your refernce: http://www.thecus.com/download/manual/N299_UM_V11.pdf

After first uplaoding picture success, we could via SMABA to uploading file directly, and system would generate previrw pciture for WEB album.
    If N299 at 192.168.1.100, we could type \\192.168.1.100 acceess to the subfolder from the root album folder.

Latest version N299 firmware V1.00.34 support WEB albem with password protection. Please ignore the HDD power manager function not working.
    http://www.thecus.com/Downloads/beta...FW_1.00.34.bin

Thanks
    • jack65's system
      • Storage:
      • n299 with 2x wd 320gig
      • Operating System:
      • vista basic

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Dear Sir,

N299 preset IP at 192.168."1".100 on WAN port and LAN port preset at 192.168."2".254, but your route using 192.168."2".1, it is 2 difference segment thus why can't access to each other. And why N299 can't change WAN IP to 192.168."2".100, because LAN port at 192.168."2".254 already....

Thanks Yvon i worked it out in the end but just wanted to let others know maybe some may have the same problem, the manual does not really say this clearly. If this was clear in the manual i would of done it sooner but no worries i got it going and am happy.

The WEB album we need createing the albums first and than uploading picture and browase, following N299 manual page 63 for your refernce:

Yes that's my point, i have done this as well, and followed the manual step by step, the pics are there but just act like I'm not logged in, though i do log in. weather i use the upload feature or just upload though windows explorer it does not make any difference the pic gets uploaded, i can make folders the software shows icons of the new folders but will not let me see the pics unless i log into the web disk and view 1 at a time.

After first uplaoding picture success, we could via SMABA to uploading file directly, and system would generate previrw pciture for WEB album.
    If N299 at 192.168.1.100, we could type \\192.168.1.100 acceess to the subfolder from the root album folder.

not sure what were saying here, the router gives the dchp ip of 1 92.168.1.3 to the n299, if i use this ip i get the web page on the browser, if i go from there i use the gallery icon after i have loged in that is. then i get the gallery icons of all folders in the gallery ( the system icon not any i have made)each icon of each album in the gallery has the name of what i call them, i have done this though both the gallery web page and by creating a folder from my network in win explorer. the problem is not that i can not upload but they are not visible in the gallery web page section much like the manual says how if your not logged in you will not see the pics.

Latest version N299 firmware V1.00.34 support WEB albem with password protection. Please ignore the HDD power manager function not working.
    Thanks Yvon i shall try it shortly.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi Yvon,

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Please ignore the HDD power manager function not working.
    please provide more info about the HDD power manager function. Will it be functionable shortly?

Bye
    Peter

Thanks
    • jack65's system
      • Storage:
      • n299 with 2x wd 320gig
      • Operating System:
      • vista basic

Hi Guys, just a update on this problem, after doing the upgrade of the FW, i have now got the acl to work which seems to be what was needed as now i can log in and see the pics like i should, I'm still not sure if this was a vista thing or the FW.
    Now there is one last problem well two actually, 1st is that the XP reg stuff installs but you don't get the post to web link like it says you will, and 2nd while i can make photo albums i can not make a sub album eg: i have a album called family photos, i would like to put birthday, holidays and others into this album to keep it all together but when i do this it shows the sub album but not the contents.

Thanks.

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Would you please provide the N299 IP for us analysis for you, or sumbit a ticket from http://esupport.thecus.com/support/ and porivde IP for us to access.

Thread Information