Thread: N7700 Iscsi blocksize

Thanks

N7700 Iscsi blocksize

Hello,
    I have a N7700 with 7 disk x 1TB in one raid5 setting. I use 500GB for standard functions and the rest for iSCSI purposes
    At this moment I have connected 2 iSCSI (1,6TB) volumes to MS SBS2003 with the MS iSCSI initiator (Microsoft iSCSI Software Initiator BOOT VERSION 2.08) with default setting (4KB blocksize).
    Everything works OK but now I also want to connect a thirth iSCSI volume to my ESXi vmware system. Unfortunaly this won't work because the VI Client can only connect to iSCSI devices with a blocksize of 512 Bytes.
    Is it possible to change the blocksize on the fly to 512 bytes or do I loose the iSCSI volumes (data) who are already in production and connected to the SBS2003 server?

N7700 firmware: N7700 V2.01.06
    7 x WDC WD1001FALS-0 RAID 5 Healthy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 5577.8 GB
    Data Capacity 9.8 GB / 540.1 GB iSCSI Capacity 5019.2 GB

Regards,

Wouter Burger

Thanks

Re: N7700 Iscsi blocksize

Dear Sir,

We could chane the block size from N7700 WEB interface Storage->Advance Option->iSCSI Block size, but please back up you data on iSCSI before change the block size.

Thanks

Re: N7700 Iscsi blocksize

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Dear Sir,

We could chane the block size from N7700 WEB interface Storage->Advance Option->iSCSI Block size, but please back up you data on iSCSI before change the block size.
    Hello,

This isn't realy an answer on my question. I do know where to find the option to change it but I was wondering if i can change this "on the fly" without losing data and if the volumes will not be regonized because of earlier settings can I change it back and will my data be available again?

regards,
    W.

Thread Information