Thread: Nsync problem - N7700 Target and N5200 Source

Thanks

Nsync problem - N7700 Target and N5200 Source

I have the following setup

1 x Thecus N7700 with 7 x Seagate 1.5TB HDD (latest Seagate firmware) set as Nsync Target with fixed IP address of 192.168.1.110

2 x N5200s each set as an Nsync Source with fixed IP addresses (192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.51)

Each unit is connected to a Netgear GS724T switch and there is no firewall between the units.

The N7700 has ACL enabled for the nsync target share with two user names (one for each Source).

Each Source has a single nsync job set with its own user name and password to backup the contents of a share to the Target.

I can access each unit through a web browser.

I have no modules installed on any unit.

My problems are:

1. Connecting to N7700

If I choose "Thecus NAS" as the Target server type on an nsync job on a 5200, the 5200 reports a successful connection, but reports the IP address of the Target as 10.2.206.1 - which bears no resemblance to its actual IP address.

If I choose "Legacy FTP server" on the nsync job on a 5200, the 5200 reports that it cannot connect to the Target.

2. Running Backup

If I set each sync job with "Thecus NAS" as the Target server type, each nsync job on each source runs and reports "Successful".

When I access the nsync folder on the Target there is one folder for each nsync job, but each nsync folder contains only two folders copied from each Source. The two folders are complete backups of the folders on that Source, but the other folders in the share on that Source have not been copied.

The nsync function would be very useful to keep the two 5200s backed-up but it does not seem to work reliably. I know I can do a backup using software running on a PC but it would be nice to be able to use the nsync function for this.

Any comments tips or suggestions would be most appreciated

David

Thanks

Re: Nsync problem - N7700 Target and N5200 Source

Quote Originally Posted by dglacey View Post

When I access the nsync folder on the Target there is one folder for each nsync job, but each nsync folder contains only two folders copied from each Source. The two folders are complete backups of the folders on that Source, but the other folders in the share on that Source have not been copied.
    What FW have You installed onYour N5200 boxes - there was a FW which had this behaviour of not copying folders within the top level folder. I think it was 2.00.4 or 2.00.5
    br
    Peter

Thanks

Peter, thanks for that info.

Each N5200 is running FW 2.00.08.

The N7700 is running FW 2.01.06.04

I have now also tried disabling Jumbo frames on the Target, each Source and the switch. I have now got one of the 5200s to run an nsync job in full (1.3TB of data). The other one (with 2.2TB of data) still will not do a complete nsync run.

Also, disabling Jumbo frames did not fix the first problem in my original post.

Thanks

Dear Sir,

After testing the NSYNC over night from N5200 V2.00.14 to N7700 V2.01.06 working fine, but alos found some condition would have your issue as like while system doing sync between NAS, but some PC access to the NAS, or serivce as like Spindown/iTunes/DLNA/IPCAM/Download Manager would make NSYNC get some issues, thus we would check the NSYNC relateionship between N5200 and N7700, due to it is need time to rearch and verify, thus we would complete this job around 2009/FEB and thanks for your patience in advance.

Thanks

Thanks Yvon, that fits with my experience.

I have dones some more testing and the nsync seems to work fine if I leave the nsync job running overnight and do not access the Source or Target while the job is running.

I hope you will find the cure soon - and I would be interested in any help you can give on using the Legacy FTP server option. If I must leave the Source and Target alone while the nsync job runs, the quicker it runs the better.

Thread Information