Thread: lost all data with no errors reported

Thanks

lost all data with no errors reported

I have had my N5200Pro for about 2 years with no problems. I have upgraded to firmware 2.00.14 about a month ago. I mainly use it as a central storage for all of my files. This way in case if I need a file on a computer, all I have to do is go to the N5200 and retrieve it. Even though I've been using it this long, I really don't have much experience with it. Today, I had something extremely weird happen. I was copying some files from a folder on the N5200 that is shared and mapped through Windows Explorer to a computer running XP. I have permissions set that I cannot change or delete these files on the N5200 for the user that I was signed in as. I accidentally hit delete while I had the files selected. The error came up on the XP computer saying that the connection to the N5200 had been lost. The folder had other files in too that I did not have selected.

I checked the log on the N5200 and it does not show any errors. There are no errors showing on the front panel. All of the drives appear fine. I also had a second share folder that disappeared at the same time. I can log into the N5200 through the web interface and the folders do not show up there either. I think it is totally crazy that both folders would disappear so unexpectedly. Does anyone know why this happened or heard of this before? I did have most of my files backed-up. I have it setup as RAID 5. Before I go through all of the trouble of setting this back up again. Is there anything I can do to make it more robust? Has anyone had trouble with the 2.00.14 firmware? Thanks for any info.

bvollrath

Thanks

Re: lost all data with no errors reported

Dear Sir,

Please download the CONF.BIN from SYSTEM->CONFIG MGMT->DOWNLOAD->CONF.BIN to http://esupport.thecus.com for us analysis the root cause for you.

Thanks

Re: lost all data with no errors reported

Yvon,

After I made the above posting on the Hexus forum, I did notice that under the storage menu there is a filesystem check routine. I did run this and it found an error, but I can't remember what exactly it said. It did fix the problem. I got all of my data back again. Still not sure why this problem happened though. Hopefully you can find an answer. I have uploaded my config.bin file to you. Thank you.

bvollrath

Thread Information