Thread: NFS and SSH problem

Thanks

Question NFS and SSH problem

Hi!
    I know, I have done something wrong... I just don't know what and where..

Symptoms are:
    Everything started when RAID5 rebuild it self (problem with one disk) and during that time NFS start "acting" badly... When creating directories and/or writing files they end up to user unknown with group unknown 99:99 (and not as normally with those user and group information what computer have)
    Then little bit later...
    When try to NFS mount resource I get "mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking. Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd."
    --> So I need to put 'nolock' parameter and that's not good...

OK, I'm Linux guy let's get in and check what's wrong.. Hmm.. Module SSHD don't start, no idea or error message what tells what is wrong with SSH... Try to remove and then re-install SSHD module.. No help! Still module don't start.

OK, let's upgrade firmware to newest version.. Hmm.. Didn't help at anyway.. Still NFS problems and SSH don't start.

OK, adding module NFSEXPORT.. Now I can see more, but cannot find any LOG file what will tell me what's wrong and there is file rpc.statd with execute bit set on.

So.. PLEASE! Could some one help.. There is 3,5TB data on that NAS and I cannot "backup" it anywhere so I could do "master reset" and start everything from scratch!

Thanks

Re: NFS and SSH problem

OK... That "rpc.statd" problem is only with one machine (I don't know why that rpc.statd was not running in that machine).. With other machine I don't need '-o nolock'...

But that SSH is still problem.. Because I have CRYPTED partition at my USB HD.. And cannot connect that partition without going in with SSH and executing command at comman-line...

SO, when I try to start SSHD module, I get: "Enable Module SSHD fail" -message
    Last edited by jjussi; 03-01-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks

I assume You are on a N5200 ?
    To enable SSH again You might want to remove all modules and start from scratch - as there might be a problem in the module database you might want to use the RENMOD module - latest version.
    This module has to be applied as Firmware upgrade and moves the /raid/data/module directory to /raid/data/module.save - after a reboot the N5200 rebuilds the /raid/data/module structure from scratch and You have an empty module database.
    May be it helps also to do a factory reset and then do all the settings again or disable/enable the NFS server.
    For backing up the data may be You use SAMBA or FTP.
    br
    Peter

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: NFS and SSH problem

Quote Originally Posted by peterfu View Post
    I assume You are on a N5200 ?
    To enable SSH again You might want to remove all modules and start from scratch - as there might be a problem in the module database you might want to use the RENMOD module - latest version.

Yes.. I have N5200 PRO.
    And yes.. Problems was in module database! Thank you! Now SSH (and everything else, including that crypted volume, works...)

Quote Originally Posted by peterfu View Post
    May be it helps also to do a factory reset and then do all the settings again or disable/enable the NFS server.
    br
    Peter
    I did that factory reset earlier, but it was not solution.. This renmod fixed everything..

Thanks

Perfect
    br
    Peter

Thread Information