Thread: Thecus 5200br pro continious rebuild

Thanks

Unhappy Thecus 5200br pro continious rebuild

Hi all.........

I have already logged this with Thecus.....but not reply for 5 days.....very dissapointing.

I have a 5200pro with 5 x Samsung 750GB drives. It was and has been working perfectly. I have it running some NFS, CIFS, ISCSI and also as a media server and web server.

It froze on day, first time ever, and i just rebooted it. It then started rebuilding the raid. i thought nothing of this as it may have been a glitch, these things happen. I then experienced another freeze. The box doesn't respond to pings, no web nothing. No error logs on the screen, or any entries in the logs. The disks are OK and no red lights.

I power it offf...... then on..... and it comes back, ok it is rebuilding but i works durning the rebuild for about 15hrs. Then it hits 99.9% on the build and goes silent..... drives stop flashing, and no access anywehre..... i am on 2.00.14 FW which is the latest at the moment.....

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE HELP!!!!!

Thanks all.....

Thanks

Re: Thecus 5200br pro continious rebuild

Dear Sir,

Please provide your ticket number for us tracking for you.

Thanks

Hi there.....

the call #, which is still unanswered is..... RME-550092

Help would be greatly appreciated as it has been a week since it has been logged.....

Thnaks

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your patience during holdiay season, after check the CONF.BIN and found the Samsung HDD 1 & 3 have bad sector, thus why system abnormal and following suggestion for your reference:
    1. If this N5200 freezed, please power off N5200 and eject all of HDDs (pleae keep some HDD squence).
    2. Power up N5200 without HDDs and update beta firmware to V2.00.15.4, this version enchance the stability for Samsung HDD.

http://www.thecus.com/Downloads/beta..._2.00.15.4.bin
    http://www.thecus.com/Downloads/beta..._2.00.15.4.txt

3. After firmware update and reboot, please power off N5200 and install all HDD back with same sequence.
    4. Power up N5200 and system would going to rebuild the RAID.
    5. If on V2.00.15.4 and system still freeze, please power off N5200 and eject all of HDDs (pleae keep some HDD squence).
    6. Power up N5200 without HDD, since booting completed and hot plug HDD back 1 by 1 with 30 sec interval (pleae keep some HDD squence).
    7. And please select one of the following methods to publish NAS on the internet and we would arrnage engineer to verify this N5200 directly:

A. Public Fixed IP (most easy)
    Just assign a public fixed IP on the NAS WAN port

B. DMZ (easy)
    Enable Router DMZ function and fill in NAS WAN private IP in the Router DMZ column, and then tell me the Router WAN IP.

For Example:
    Router WAN IP is 139.175.55.244
    NAS WAN IP is 192.168.1.100
    Enable Router DMZ function and fill in 192.168.1.100 for DMZ, thus the Router will forward all connection of 139.175.55.244 from internet to NAS WAN IP 192.168.1.100, than I could access to the NAS.

C. Virtual Server (port forward) (a little difficult)
    Assign port 22 and 80 (or 443) forward to NAS private IP, this way only forward port 80/443 to NAS IP.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi,

have had the same problem. On one day, all my 5 Samsung 1TB have had the same issue. Have make a fast check with smartctl and notice the defect sectors. Build in the defect drive in a standard pc and repaired the defect sectors with the tool "Hdd Regenerator 1.51". All sectors was repaired an the drive runs in the RAID again.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Valshare

Thanks

Dear Sir,

If it is Samsung HDD, please try with V2.00.15.4 first.
    If update to V2.00.15.4 and still get problem please sumit a ticket to http://esupport.thecus.com and the CONF.BIN for us reference for you.
    SYSTEM->CONFIG MGMT->DOWNLOAD->CONF.BIN

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Dear Sir,

If it is Samsung HDD, please try with V2.00.15.4 first.
    If update to V2.00.15.4 and still get problem please sumit a ticket to http://esupport.thecus.com and the CONF.BIN for us reference for you.
    SYSTEM->CONFIG MGMT->DOWNLOAD->CONF.BIN

Hello Yvon,

thanx for answer. Have solved the Problem with HDD Regenerator. Has fixed all HDDs.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have closed the call eith Thecus based the information presented from Yvon.... the new firmware at least gave me the ability to find out what was wrong. Whereas previously the 5200 would crash at the end of the rebuild, forcing it to start again. THis time round i had it report back a double disk failure. still not good but at least the base device is good. I have been able to reboot and get the raid back in a degraded mode, with only a single disk out at the moemnt. I am chasing up with the Samsung service centre now on getting my first disk back in order....then i'll get the second one out to them too...

Once again, Thanks to all....

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vyper View Post
    Hi all,

I have closed the call eith Thecus based the information presented from Yvon.... the new firmware at least gave me the ability to find out what was wrong. Whereas previously the 5200 would crash at the end of the rebuild, forcing it to start again. THis time round i had it report back a double disk failure. still not good but at least the base device is good. I have been able to reboot and get the raid back in a degraded mode, with only a single disk out at the moemnt. I am chasing up with the Samsung service centre now on getting my first disk back in order....then i'll get the second one out to them too...

Once again, Thanks to all....
    Hi,

please try HDD Regenerator. That helpes me the get back my raid5.

Regards, Valle

Thread Information