Thread: N7700 Wish List

Registered+
    Thanks

Lightbulb N7700 Wish List

I know Christmas is over but I figure if I get my requests in now I may have them in time for next christmas. First of all I love my Thecus N7700 and it does a great many things well but I also see the potential for even more possiblities and features.

#1) XFS file system - I would love for them to keep the XFS file system to remove the limit of 8TB RAID 5 volumes (see my other posts on this)

#2) A new Media Server - I would like a new media server that also support subtitles like .srt and .sub files. Ushare has one that is free and could be easily ported over to the Thecus

#3) Mount VMware images - I would love love love the ability to mount .vmx files and be able launch virtual machines. If Thecus could get this done it would be life changing

#4) MyMovies support - It would be great if Thecus worked with the developers of MyMovies from http://www.mymovies.dk and get their product integrated in. I know other manufacuters have done so why not Thecus. It is the ultimate way to manage your movies

#5) A better Download Manager - I would like a download manager that was more configurable and would automatically scan for new torrent files and automatically load them. I also want to see support for RSS feeds and able to automatially download feeds. Basically a full featured torrent client

Those are the major ideas I can think of. Feel free to post your own ideas

Thanks

Wink Re: N7700 Wish List

My wish list

#1) XFS file system support.

#2) Better support for 1,5 and 2 terrabyte discs.

#3)

Thanks

Re: N7700 Wish List

1) XFS File system, ReiserFS File system
    2) Snapshots on XFS and EXT3 and Reiser

Registered+
    Thanks

How about a module for an anti-virus console application like Avast! or something to manage virus definitions for all LAN clients

Thanks

#1, Manage the ACL on the snapshot folder.

Thanks

*1* Snapshots on XFS volumes after you support XFS!!!!

XFS easy to write/setup as ZFS Snapshots.

Thanks

1. Enable SSH access to the box
    2. PHP File Manager for managing the local storage file system (user RAID space)

Thanks

Ability to install PHP extensions / modules using the PEAR package manager.

Thanks

Anything approaching a level of reliability beyond 'home hobbyist' level would make a great foundation for the suggestions outlined above.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: N7700 "2010" Wish List

i'm still waiting for "download manager 3" personally. download manager 2 is of very little use to me to download anything.

some of it works okay but the torrent client is so basic as to be totally unusable.

there's a plugin of the azureus client that works pretty well, but it has limited plugin configurability also. if thecus could spend just a little bit of time integrating a new build of azureus with plugin support that would be the best thing ever and i could pretty much leave my pc turned off a lot of the time.

also, how about a mobile web interface to go with the current one so we can manage our NAS's on the move?

another stellar idea would be for a web proxy add-on to allow us to use the thecus to act as a full proxy server for web traffic on computer on (and off) the LAN.

also, what about full openvpn support? from what i've read, it's already built into nsync to some extent, so why not extend it to the user side of things?

also, better logging abilities wouldn't go amiss. something to log webdisk & ftp file transfers and record bandwidth stats and that kind of thing so you can keep a better eye on usage on an ongoing basis.

everything is doable graphically too with ajax but the thecus gui seems very basic compared to the competition like qnap or synology etc. who also use ajax.

Thread Information