Thread: N3200Pro crashes while scanning music files

Thanks

Question N3200Pro crashes while scanning music files

Hi everybody!

I've received my 3200Pro this weekend and played around a litte bit. after installing the latest Beta Firmware (1.00.4.2) I've copied my iTunes Library to the box... The iTunes Server was enabled, MediaServer disabled...

After some time the whole system died! Ssh, WebInterface, everything stopped working, the system even didn't shut down any longer... So I restarted the whole NAS by pressing the power button some seconds.

Exactly 6 Minutes after restart everything stopped working once again... Tried it 3 times, always 6 Minutes after the "beep" the system stopped...

Then I deleted all my music files immediately after a restart and the problem was gone...

Any idea whether there are some special characters that could cause a crash when the iTunes Server starts scanning the files or something like that?
    The library was copied from a Mac, maybe there are special characters that are not supported by ext3 fs?!?

Thanks,
    Philipp

Thanks

Re: N3200Pro crashes while scanning music files

Quote Originally Posted by Harti79 View Post
    Hi everybody!

I've received my 3200Pro this weekend and played around a litte bit. after installing the latest Beta Firmware (1.00.4.2) I've copied my iTunes Library to the box... The iTunes Server was enabled, MediaServer disabled...

After some time the whole system died! Ssh, WebInterface, everything stopped working, the system even didn't shut down any longer... So I restarted the whole NAS by pressing the power button some seconds.

Exactly 6 Minutes after restart everything stopped working once again... Tried it 3 times, always 6 Minutes after the "beep" the system stopped...

Then I deleted all my music files immediately after a restart and the problem was gone...

Any idea whether there are some special characters that could cause a crash when the iTunes Server starts scanning the files or something like that?
    The library was copied from a Mac, maybe there are special characters that are not supported by ext3 fs?!?

Thanks,
    Philipp
    Following characters are not allowed in file names (according to FW 1.00.3 release notes):
    The following characters are not allowed to be included in the name used for files or
    folders on the M3800/N3200PRO.
    / \ : * ? ” < > | [ ] = + ; ,
    br
    Peter

Thanks

Re: N3200Pro crashes while scanning music files

I have tested it again yesterday and found out that the scan of the iTunes Server is the problem...

Copied all my Musik to the NAS once again after disabling the iTunes Server, everything worked find. Then I installed Twonkymedia module and tested it, everything okay, scan succeded and musik could be played back by my Philips Center.
    After that I have enabled the iTunes Server again and after a few minutes the nas stopped working again!

Any idea if there is some kind of logging that could identify which mp3 might cause the problem?

Thread Information