Thread: USBCOPY functionality

Registered+
    Thanks

USBCOPY functionality

with USBCopy functionality, can i copy my files in a NTFS external harddrive onto my NAS which operate Raid5 ?

If it can, once copied to the "usbcopy" folder, can i move the files to other folders ?

Thank you

Thanks

Re: USBCOPY functionality

Dear Sir,

The 1 button USB copy function could copy USBHDD data from FAT & NTFS format to the USBCOPY folder, and than we need move file from USBCOPY to others manually.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Dear Sir,

The 1 button USB copy function could copy USBHDD data from FAT & NTFS format to the USBCOPY folder, and than we need move file from USBCOPY to others manually.
    Hi,
    Just purchased a n2200. care to provide guide or instruction or anything to move file from USBCOPY to others manually?. I need to copy 1.5TB of mkv movie to NAS drive.

I'm REALLY new to NAS.

Thanks

I just installed my n2200. I attached a Maxtor one-touch III external drive to the USB port and pushed the USBCopy button. Nothing happenned.

Registered+
    Thanks

This is what I have expereinced...

NTFS
    Any file no matter the size will copy to the USBCopy folder. But they cannot be moved via FTP-- which I need because I am copying files as large as 20gb (backup images) to the drive. The only way I can move them after this point is through the windows screen on my computer which is problematic because the file will then route back to my computer over the network and then back down to the NAS and into the folder I want it to reside.

FAT32
    Works perfectly. The only problem I have is that FAT32 volumes will not accommodate single files greater than 4gb.

The best way to move large files, once you get them on your NAS is via FTP. But as I said, even with an FTP client, I can't move any file that has been copied to the USBCopy folder from an NTFS volume.

Registered+
    Thanks

After a lot of trial and error, I have learned that files copied to my N0204 (AJAX GUI, firmware version V3.00.07E) via an NTFS volume regardless of size (25kb or 18gb+) cannot be moved or deleted via FTP or a windows screen through a mapped drive/network path once on the NAS. They are locked for some reason.

Obviously I could easily transfer these large gigabyte files to any folder on the NAS through the windows screen on my computer but this method is problematic because all of my home computers are laptops and data transfer occurs wirelessly taking too much time.

So, what is the best way to transfer these large NTFS gigabyte files to the folder of my choice on my NAS without draining my network resources?

Well, I discovered tonight that if I transfer files from an external NTFS HDD to my N0204 via the USBCopy button... I can delete them or move them to other folders if I navigate to the WEB DISK login tab on the AJAX GUI (http://192.168.1.100). I simply login as "admin" with my admin password, and this gives me full access to all shares/folders. From here I drag and drop files in the USBCopy folder into any folder I choose.

Thread Information