Thread: how to trasnfer 350Gb of movies to movie folder?

Thanks

how to trasnfer 350Gb of movies to movie folder?

I am new to NAS and want to trasnfer 250GB of movies that i have on usb hard drives to my thecus 3200pro. Whats the best (fastest) way to do this?

Also best way to stream these movies to a HTPC? see complete setup below

I am looking for some advice on get the best use of my thecus 3200pro. I have a network both wired and wireless of 3 laptops (xp/ubuntu), 2 htpc (vista ultimate), thecus 3200pro, on a linksys wireless N router.

I am looking to mainly store and hopefully stream (one htpc is wireless) movies i have in various formats. most of these have .srt files for spanish subtitles as my girlfriend is still learning english so the palyer i use has to support subtitiles easily.

So far in my attempts i have not done much as i like to understand somting before i button push. I have these questions so far as well just getting some starting help.

Thanks

Re: how to trasnfer 350Gb of movies to movie folder?

Dear Sir,

We could arrange a PC with 1000Mbps ethernet linking to N3200PRO directly, and than via FTP or SAMBA transfer file to N3200PRO.
    Even we could via front panel 1 button copy function make the USB file into USBCOPY folder, but the subfolder would named by date & time, need the next version firmware for USB COPY to specify folder or location, thus current we would recommend via direct linking and FTP.

Thread Information