Thanks

Exclamation RAID:NONE and WAN: N/A on 5200BR

Data:
    N5200BR
    Firmware: 2.00.14
    5 x 500GB Samsung HD501LJ Spinpoint drives in RAID5

Hello all,

I am facing the following very serious problem/situation:

After powering up the unit, the process completed but network access was impossible
    and the "WAN: N/A" message was displayed on the LCD. Ping failed attempts confirmed this.
    However, both leds on the WAN port, and the corresponding led on the switch port were on.

I shut down the unit and powered-up again.

The same problem was present again, but this time there is also a RAID: NONE message on the
    LCD. All drive leds are blue - no apparent problems. Obviously the situation is very serious, so I am hoping for any suggestions / recommendations as soon as possible.

Thank you
    Vassilis

Thanks

Re: RAID:NONE and WAN: N/A on 5200BR

UPDATE:

I think the unit is dead. It remains in "Self testing....." for ever. Flashing it with the USB stick method
    did not work, resetting does not have any effect, and from what I have read in an older post, I tried
    removing all drives and powering up without them, but this did not work either.

I guess I have to send it back for H/W replacement, UNLESS Thecus can send me the part(s) so I can do it
    myself. I must have set up over 200 PCs and servers over the years, so I don't think it will be a problem.
    Considering that the unit is over 2 years old, it's out of warranty, so this way could be much faster than a
    full "return-and-expect-back cycle", and I need it desperately. Is that possible?

Thanks

Re: RAID:NONE and WAN: N/A on 5200BR

FINAL (seems) update:

The problem has been identified: the onboard flash disk was the culprit. It has been replaced,
    and after 8 hours of testing I can say that the unit operates without problems, as before.
    Good job from the Greek distributor, and a big thanks!

Vassilis

PS: They also flashed it with FW 2.01.09. No problems so far.

Thread Information