Thread: N7700 - connect from Popcorn Hour or DBOX 2

Thanks

N7700 - connect from Popcorn Hour or DBOX 2

Hi,
    I've so far been unsucessful in my attempts to get my Popcorn Hour media server to talk to my N7700 via CIFS (anon authentication, no recycle bin, file cache enabled and running in compatibilty mode). Just WILL NOT work. Also tried NFS and get a little further...

Again set up share with all connects mapping to root:root and the share being read/write. I can now 'see' the NFS share as /raid0/data/share and can browse it but when i select a movie file for playback it begins to buffer then stops saying playback is not possible. I can play back the same file no problem from my PC and my old NAS server a Buffalo Terastation Pro (both via SMB).

So can someone point me toward any resources for NFS or Samba config for the Popcorn Hour and/or the Neutrino Linux based DBOX 2?

Its really frustrating that we dont have any command line access to the N7700 so i can't even look around the logs from samba to see what the errors are...

Hoping someone has been through this pain already.

Oh, my N7700 f/w rev is 2.01.09 which i believe is the latest. Do i need to downgrade to an older version (i'm sure it says something about a new samba version in this release - maybe that's my problem!)

Anyone got FREENas working on this thing?!!?

thanks.
    Bob.

Thanks

Re: N7700 - connect from Popcorn Hour or DBOX 2

dont know what you are doing?!? i have a popcorn hour a-110 since years running perfekt with my N7700. all you have to do inside the share setup of the popcorn player is to access the N7700 with the correct URL scheme: smb://ip.of.your.nas/movies
    then the login and password and thats it.

Thread Information