Thread: media player problems n0204

Registered+
    Thanks

media player problems n0204

hi everyone,
    hi milesy,
    I have a problem with the mediaplyer task of my thecus n0204 mini nas. The n0204 is connected with the T+A Music Player (http://www.taelektroakustik.de/index...rtikel_uid=230), which is a streaming client, via a router.

My problem is that the N0204 shows deleted albums, artists.

For example:
    All my music files are in the "music" folder of the nas. They are named after artists: For example: "Queen", then I have "sub"folders in "Queen" for albums "A night at the opera", "A Kind of Magic" and so on.

The songs of the album are saved there as mp3. Tags are related to these songs, namely the title, artist, year and so on.... I can search for these tags in my mediaplayer, maybe you know all of that, but now my problem:

I accidently named the tags wrongly, i.e. "Queennn" instead of "Queen". So I corrected my mistake but after rescanning the media player shows both versions instead of only the corrected one. The wrong version ("Queennn") is only indicated by the media player but there are no files in it.

Though on my computer there is only displyed the corrected version ("Queen") - of course.

How can I delete the wrong tags/files from my nas?

Thanks a lot for your answers,
    Raska

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: media player problems n0204

Raska,

Turn off media streaming for your MUSIC folder. Then create a new folder named TEST. Copy the Queen folder (with sub folders/albums) over to this new TEST folder. Turn on media streaming feature for this new TEST folder and report your findings back here.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi milesy,

thanks for your answer! I tried it out like you explained and managed to solve the problem this way. In the TEST folder there is only the correct information displayed.

Thanks for your help!

Do you know when the new firmware is released? Maybe the problems with serving lossless formats will be solved by that...

Raska

Registered+
    Thanks

Congrats Raska!

The new firmware and utility is available now. Just go to Thecus and jump on the product page for the N0204... you will find them there in the left nav as FIRMWARE & UTILITY.

Thread Information