Thread: N7700 (FW 3.00.07a): FTP & ACL Question

Thanks

N7700 (FW 3.00.07a): FTP & ACL Question

hi there

i have problems getting correct accesses setup with the FTP. i have setup users, groups and assigned them to shared folders via the ACL function.
    using cifs/smb the accesses are recognized and work like expected, but the FTP doesnt.
    i have a group "users" (which is standard) and in addition created a group "admin".
    when loggin in via FTP the transcript shows:

230: User XXXXXXXX has group access to: smbadmin smbusers

but no folders are listed?!? i also tried assigning users to the "read only" and "writeable" sections of shared folders with the same result - login works fine, but no folders or files are listed.

after trying alot of combinations i think the FTP even doesnt recognize the ACL settings?!?

i have also tried assigning ACL settings with stopped FTP service or rebooting the NAS. without any differences.

is this a known open issue or is there a hint or trick iam not aware of?

kind regards for your help ;-)

nas_user

Thanks

Re: N7700 (FW 3.00.07a): FTP & ACL Question

Im unfamiliar with this nas but you may have to have the users in the ftp group perhaps, normally you can have 2 groups like admin or user etc, then assign another secondary group like ftp, to test the ftp is set up properly i would first disable the anonymous login so anyone can log in just to see if you can get in if not then its not set up correctly, also maybe try getting in as root if you cant there defo a prob, if you do get in and still see no folders then obviously a acl prob, do you have the ftpacess modual running also ?
    If so this will be need to set up too, but i think it unnecessary if you do have it running id just disable it, and try access again.

Thanks

Works here without problems.
    However I do not use groups, cause this was not working as expected. Afertr creating a folder I assigne every user to the ACL group I want.
    May be You try following:
    - first make the folder as public
    - then mark it again as not public
    - then assign each user to the correct group (deny, read, write)
    (be sure to have the recursive option checked)
    br
    Peter

Thanks

in the meantime i investigatet a little bit via ssh. looks like the problem is, that every user gets in group 102 which is "users". i cannot modify this via the web frontend. if i create a new user without putting him in group 102 he gets into gid 102?!?

i cannot remove group 102 and moving users to other groups doesnt reflect in passwd. so this is really strange and should be fixed.

Thread Information