Thread: N5200b Pro problems - files appear missing

Thanks

N5200b Pro problems - files appear missing

I have been running with my 5200b pro for a couple of years without any real issues. It has 5 x WD 750GB drives installed, and is now nearly full (97% in fact), and I have started to experience issues. It appears from my PC that by checking the share, the majority of root level folders appear to have disappeared - this is all despite the web console showing the drive still nearly at capacity. I believe the issue could be to do with screwed ACLs, and that I am simply just not being shown the folders.

Are there any utilities which check the ACLs throughout the file system and fix any issues, or is there any method to try and re-apply the permissions and have these recurse through the sub-directories under the share's root?

This is what I have tried so far:
    I have just gone into the ACL for my 'data' folder/share (I have only this one folder configured with all space assigned to it), and removed my AD user from the list. I then clicked 'apply' and the web console appears to take an age - in fact I gave up waiting. The console then seems to have hung and the only way back in is to close the web browser, launch again and log back on to the web console. My user appears to have been removed from the ACL, so I then add my user back in, (to the Read-Write ACL), and click 'apply' and again the same happens with the timing out response in the ACL screen.

I can't stress enough how valuable the data is on this NAS box, so any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Paul A

Thanks

Re: N5200b Pro problems - files appear missing

I managed to fix this - did a file system check through the web gui and after it finished and restarted, all my folders appeared back as normal.

Thanks anyway, Paul A

Thread Information