Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N2200, Can't access to the web administration interface

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: N2200, Can't access to the web administration interface

Quote Originally Posted by bewild View Post
    Did you try https instead of http ?

Not knowing what i do, I switched off the WebDisk http support but i left the secure http support on. After this change i got the same problem like you.

best regards
    Bernd
    yeah i tried that, but the problem is not that i cant access the web interface, its just that i cant login to it, when i type in http://192.168.1.100 the pages comes up but the graphics are all funny and it doesnt show the box where i enter the password so i cant login to it.

anyway after some time with no response from thecus about this problem I took the NAS back to where i got it and they are going to swap it over

hopefully ill have more luck with the new one

Registered+
    Thanks

Was having this issue again, http/https wasn't working, so I just hit the reset button on the back for 10 seconds. Https works again, I'm giving the new firmware a go. If Thecus gave us a way to run freeNAS on their hardware, I think it'd rapidly move them to #1 in the NAS world.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Extra-Titanian View Post
    Was having this issue again, http/https wasn't working, so I just hit the reset button on the back for 10 seconds. Https works again, I'm giving the new firmware a go. If Thecus gave us a way to run freeNAS on their hardware, I think it'd rapidly move them to #1 in the NAS world.
    yeah i tried the reset button as well

and i agree the hardware seems good on the n2200 but the software lets it down

Thanks

Dear All,

Solution has been found to solved the problem.

Please submit a ticket at Esupport for our support team to assist you.

If you have already submitted a ticket, Please send me a private message with your ticket number to followup for you.

Official Thecus Support Representative
    Last edited by Thecus - Ivan; 13-01-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks

Ivan,

I opened a ticket on Jan, 02, 2010 and i have no reponse 10 DAYS after.
    My ticket number is : YOG-159409

Thanks for your help

Charles
    (Europe, France)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Ivan View Post
    Dear All,

Solution has been found to solved the problem.

Please submit a ticket at Esupport for our support team to assist you.

Official Thecus Support Representative
    my ticket id is JVZ-687207 i subitted it on the 1st of jan, no response so far,

can i ask what has fixed this issue? was it the new firmware? i was using the previous release of the firmware but before i got the chance to update to the latest firmware this issue occured and i was unable to login to apply the update, and when i tried to reset the unit using the button on the back it didnt appear to do anything.

anyway thats the tickets number

cheers

Registered+
    Thanks

Pretty sure it was the new firmware. I've been having relatively few issues since upgrading. A bit more dialogue would be nice.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Extra-Titanian View Post
    Pretty sure it was the new firmware. I've been having relatively few issues since upgrading. A bit more dialogue would be nice.
    yeah only trouble is i cant update the new firmware with no web interface

i think a bit more detail is needed in the release notes as to what is fixed and what is not, as i dont tend to update any firmware unless is specify fixes an issue im having or adds a feature i want.

anyway guess ill just have to wait some more.....

Registered+
    Thanks

I have used firmware 3007e and f.. both allow login fine and i go via 2 switches as well.. however the
    webdisk sucks. and doesnt list the folders with or without ACL on JBOD mode ...however photo server works fine and FTP works fine though (with same user idpwd account) except it dont restrict creating or deleting files on a USB drive (Fat32) even though ACL is correct for readonly access except for admin account. firmwares and this ajax I think has many bugs to sort out and features to add. and it dont even provide a ftp log or realtime connection of current ftp users or files upped or downloaded. nor does it even give how much space is free on a USB attached drives.. lots missing.

Im using firefox 3.0.10 to login and https://192.168.1.66

I found when I first installed it didnt or never used the default ip of 192.168.1.100 as menatoned in manual (and the tool was flaky)
    instead the asdl router gave it the next free IP in list so I told the router that ip never expires in its settings
    perhaps your having same problem?

>>I had to power it off at the wall and several attempts before it worked.. also a must to make sure firewall and any filtering on web traffic to that ip is free.. else dangerous to upload new firmware or use the tool too. I had to also port forward the ports 80/443/21
    to that ip.. I found altering the ports didnt worked perhaps a asdl router firmware bug? but the built in virtual server/ports assignment
    seemed to do that trick.

>>>>also consider connect a laptop directly to the NAS box and not via hub/switch or asdl router... just incase some of the above is the problem port forwarding/friewall etc. disable firewall on laptop and direct connect can test more safely.. once its working then connect to switch router again and see if still works if not the security on those devices is the issue

unless you have the right ip or know ip you can never login in via the url/web browser

just my 2 cents

PS.. (as per last comment) you can install new firmware with the TOOL (exec program).. just need to rename the firmware file as per the readme and place in the programs install folder.. however the tool totally wipes the drives by looks unlike using the webinterface

also I had first tried a old maxtor 500gb.. turns out its got some bad blocks that scandisk cant seem to fit either and although
    it seemed to work it would lock up the devices or hang the tool. so perhaps try another drive incase too.. and add the 2nd one
    when working and added via the webinterface options etc.

PSS.. theres a weird fault with logging on with 3007F Ive noticed.. randomly it accepts the password and almosts gets to the menu
    and then drops back to login prompt.. not sure if its a bug or a timing issue or when its busy SMB file sharing and ftping files across lan at same time.. I suspect its cos the NAS is too busy and the web code times out.. but not sure. weird fault anyhow.. it should provide a error screen or just login regardless even when its over loaded right? even if takes longer to login??
    Last edited by psspss; 14-01-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psspss View Post
    I have used firmware 3007e and f.. both allow login fine and i go via 2 switches as well.. however the
    webdisk sucks. and doesnt list the folders with or without ACL on JBOD mode ...however photo server works fine and FTP works fine though (with same user idpwd account) except it dont restrict creating or deleting files on a USB drive (Fat32) even though ACL is correct for readonly access except for admin account. firmwares and this ajax I think has many bugs to sort out and features to add. and it dont even provide a ftp log or realtime connection of current ftp users or files upped or downloaded. nor does it even give how much space is free on a USB attached drives.. lots missing.

Im using firefox 3.0.10 to login and https://192.168.1.66

I found when I first installed it didnt or never used the default ip of 192.168.1.100 as menatoned in manual (and the tool was flaky)
    instead the asdl router gave it the next free IP in list so I told the router that ip never expires in its settings
    perhaps your having same problem?

>>I had to power it off at the wall and several attempts before it worked.. also a must to make sure firewall and any filtering on web traffic to that ip is free.. else dangerous to upload new firmware or use the tool too. I had to also port forward the ports 80/443/21
    to that ip.. I found altering the ports didnt worked perhaps a asdl router firmware bug? but the built in virtual server/ports assignment
    seemed to do that trick.

>>>>also consider connect a laptop directly to the NAS box and not via hub/switch or asdl router... just incase some of the above is the problem port forwarding/friewall etc. disable firewall on laptop and direct connect can test more safely.. once its working then connect to switch router again and see if still works if not the security on those devices is the issue

unless you have the right ip or know ip you can never login in via the url/web browser

just my 2 cents

PS.. (as per last comment) you can install new firmware with the TOOL (exec program).. just need to rename the firmware file as per the readme and place in the programs install folder.. however the tool totally wipes the drives by looks unlike using the webinterface

also I had first tried a old maxtor 500gb.. turns out its got some bad blocks that scandisk cant seem to fit either and although
    it seemed to work it would lock up the devices or hang the tool. so perhaps try another drive incase too.. and add the 2nd one
    when working and added via the webinterface options etc.

PSS.. theres a weird fault with logging on with 3007F Ive noticed.. randomly it accepts the password and almosts gets to the menu
    and then drops back to login prompt.. not sure if its a bug or a timing issue or when its busy SMB file sharing and ftping files across lan at same time.. I suspect its cos the NAS is too busy and the web code times out.. but not sure. weird fault anyhow.. it should provide a error screen or just login regardless even when its over loaded right? even if takes longer to login??
    thanks for the hints but its not a conectivity issue, i can get to the page it just wont let me login cause it comes up with a java script error, the page will display but the graphics will be all funny and it wont let me enter my username and password, so the connection to the NAS is fine its just the page that wont load correctly

I tried to reset the box however it didnt seem to work I followed the instructions in the manual but the IP just stays the same

I didnt know that you could update the firmware from the smarty utility so i gave that a shot but i couldnt even get the software to detect the unit

Registered+
    Thanks

Im not sure but I think the web is installed on a small partition on the first drive.. a bad sector on drive
    could do that. damagae the code. also any adblocking or addon security for browser could kill javascript too.
    install another browser and check does same under it.. google chrome perhaps I always have IE8 and firefox and always try both incase.. also the cache on the pc using could be damage.. try clearing that out to make sure its not non nas side of things

have you tried unplugging both drives or drive and adding a new one and reinstalling the same firmware to
    see if works..

you could I guess format the bad drive using a usb to sata cable thingy and scandisk it and reformat it and place back in the nas

just a thought

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psspss View Post
    Im not sure but I think the web is installed on a small partition on the first drive.. a bad sector on drive
    could do that. damagae the code. also any adblocking or addon security for browser could kill javascript too.
    install another browser and check does same under it.. google chrome perhaps I always have IE8 and firefox and always try both incase.. also the cache on the pc using could be damage.. try clearing that out to make sure its not non nas side of things

have you tried unplugging both drives or drive and adding a new one and reinstalling the same firmware to
    see if works..

you could I guess format the bad drive using a usb to sata cable thingy and scandisk it and reformat it and place back in the nas

just a thought
    yep tried all that i work in IT so all the basic stuff ive done, finaly got a respone from thecus, about the bug in the firmware and that i needed to plug a usb drive with a firmware hack on it to fix it, then they closed the job without even telling me it was closed. I dont think i even got an email about it.

only reason i knew about it was i logged in to check the status and it was closed with a message telling me to use the usb hack

anyway i took the unit back to the where i got it from and im have been waiting for a 2 weeks at least now for a replacement........

pvdven777

Quote Originally Posted by bewild View Post
    Did you try https instead of http ?

Not knowing what i do, I switched off the WebDisk http support but i left the secure http support on. After this change i got the same problem like you.

best regards
    Bernd
    Hi there Bewild. It sure is comforting to hear your story.
    This morning I too could suddenly not access the N2200. After trying HTTPS eventually I found that did work.
    It seems the interface is not too clear. While previously I tried to disable the webdisk function at the same time that apperantly disables the login via HTTP as well duhhhh !

Good to know I'm either not silly or at least not alone

Thanks

Hi pvdven777,

no you are not alone. we are two.

Thanks

I have the same problem - Why not give us the solution here as your support team do not reply to tickets?

Thanks

My Ticket is SLH-276535
    I now have no access at all to the admin interface

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information