Thread: N7700: No more access to webinterface or LCM screen

Registered+
    Thanks

Question N7700: No more access to webinterface or LCM screen

Hi Thecus NAS User,
    I tried to install a info module, the N7700 just says "o.k", but the info-modul was not shown as "installed". I tried to install again, but same procedure. Than I tried to install any other module - none was shown as installed.
    (The modules are "working" because I had them installed 2 weeks before, just for testing and then uninstalled again).
    I noticed also the CPU working at 20-40% load without any user connected or any application working on the NAS!
    6h later I tried to login again via webinterface and got a "The page cannot be displayed" error message.
    LCD Interfaces shows only stripes like a barcode. I can still access my mapped data drive and I am still able to ping the NAS. The HDD LED`s are flashing (why?... rebuilt (without need)?).

Now my question:
    HOW CAN I RESTART the NAS without (!!!) any risk for the Raid 5, let´s say: my data ?
    As long as the HDD´s LED are flashing I don`t want to make any cold-restart or shutdown....

Thanks and kind regards,
    Martin from Germany

BTW: Thecus support always gives an answer, BUT it looks always like a "quick answer" without an
    acceptable answer or solution :-(

Thanks

Re: N7700: No more access to webinterface or LCM screen

It has happened to me some times,... the system gets frozen, so I only can pust on button for a while and it restarts ... Thecus, told me to install firmware 3.07a, but now my wd20EASD disks are falling from the raid, but no freezes at all...

And also I have some comment for thecus support, they told me, change drives an upgrade, but I spent 1150 € in discs,... and now???? Do I have to eat them???

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: N7700: No more access to webinterface or LCM screen

Hi CarlosMC,

does this mean, pushing the Front Button for a while will Soft-Reboot the NAS ?
    Does this mean, pushing this button during the HDD LED´s are flashing because of write operations is nearly without danger for the raid ?
    (I don`t know what the NAS is doing with the Raid, perhaps there are only read operations - i really don´t know!)

In short, is pushing the front button equal to Software restart or shutdown ?

I`m sorry, that I can`t say anything about WD-drives, because I`m using 5 x Samsung and one Seagate until now without problems, except for the samsung drives showing no S.M.A.R.T. info :-(
    But I can say, that after 2 weeks of using the NAS the first error came up with "CPU FAN Failure".
    I had to demount the NAS, looking for the fan and than rebuilding the NAS (no error found).
    After 2 weeks (NOT years!) ? That can`t be true!! What about quality nowadays ?

kind regards
    Martin
    Last edited by malibbs; 16-12-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Thread Information