Thread: ftp stats and log N2200 and some misc web/email questions

Registered+
    Thanks

ftp stats and log N2200 and some misc web/email questions

Hi

Ive setup FTP and connects fine however a couple of problems I cant see a way to resolve

1) How to see whos connected and using it? the logs shows no entries when I connect via a test user account.. is there a hidden log or am I missing a setting

2) is there a addon module that gives real time stats whos connected and their transfer speeds?

3) the bandwidth speed only limits to mb/s not kb/s is there a way I can make sure a remote person doesnt hog my ASDL upload speed.. (max of 80kb/s).. the limit of 1 mb/s surely is 256kb/s and still too high. I like to force it to 60kb/s or 50kb.s

=== misc questions

1) is there a module that provides a basic web hosting since the web interface seems to use php installed on it.. should be able to make own website page (with email form)

2) a mail server module?

I like to be able to accept large emails from clients on lan and let it redirect to my isp mail server

has someone written a module to do this? how hard would it to be to write one?

cheers Paul

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: ftp stats and log N2200 and some misc web/email questions

I heard from support incase others wondering about these options too.

1) N2200 has no plan to support web service. Is the advertising says supports web server mean "Photo Web Server" ?

2) N2200 has no plan to support email server.

3) The ftp download and upload speed depend on the your network enviroment, asdl , internet connection. And the number you say in manual is the limitation you can set on N2200. Not the speed on N2200.

4) N2200 does not support SSH officially, if customer force install SSH function, we not only do not provide the technical support but also N2200 will lost the warranty immediately, because once the N2200 is able to login via SSH, which mean the N2200 is freely for modify. The major concern is that we cannot control what they does to the N2200 in SSH mode, in case the N2200 has any problem after install SSH, it is more difficult to troubleshooting because of more unknown factors.
    Please also see Warranty Policy 7.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: ftp stats and log N2200 and some misc web/email questions

having owned now a Freecom DPro and a Pleaides nas box and now a n2200

I have to say the hardware of n2200 is well designed and better cooled then the other two... however the cpu on it easily maxes out sadly.. what is it 400mhz.. alot of new nas boxes have opted for 800mhz cpus now..
    worse is when doing i.o on bad sector scanning.. but I would of guessed its I/o-ed.. maybe only a duel core with one doing that task only would be only solution to that?

so its good hardware andnicelty made but its software and functions let it down big time. Freecome you can SSH to it and mod it.. if stuff up its easy to reload factory default code.. and start again. shame about n2200 being restictive here.

Im disappointed no web or email server modules.. how hard could they be to write?

worse is the lack of FTP logs cant see whos logged in and whos downloading.. freecomes one has that..
    and if it dont its easy to install a pKG package to solve it..

so I guess really n2200 is limited to basic raid/storage device with limited ftp

thats my thoughts on it..

I dont understand the bit on the ftp bandwidth.. either.. if you tick limit it to 1mb/s its not going to limit
    a connected person to a max speed of 60kbytes/s like i need..
    would be nice to have a setting per user account for max up and download speed

Thread Information