Thread: N5500 After FW no web access

Thanks

N5500 After FW no web access

Yesterday I upgraded the FW in my N5500 from 3.00.07 to 3.00.08B without problem and then upgraded to 3.01.00.4, again without any visible problem. At the end of the upgrade I was prompted to reboot and that appeared to go smoothly.

However, since then I cannot access the web interface of my N5500. All I get is a blank page saying "done". I tried with IE, FireFox and Safari, all with the same result. After upgrading to 3.00.08B I was (obviously) able to access the web interface, which is how I got in to upgrade the FW to 3.01.00.4.

The Thecus setup application still sees the unit properly, and I still have it mapped and fully accessible otherwise. It's just the web interface that I cannot get to in order to manage the unit.

Does anyone have a suggestion about what to try? I can't even get in to roll back (if that would even be possible) to 3.00.08B.

Thanks for any help...

Thanks

Re: N5500 After FW no web access

Have you tried https?

If you're getting no where try running a packet tool such as Fiddler and see what's being sent to and from the NAS.

mike

Thanks

Re: N5500 After FW no web access

Thanks for trying to help, Mike. I'm afraid that I know only enough about this stuff to be dangerous...

I tried https but again nothing happened. Just a blank page.

I downloaded and installed Fiddler but I really don't know what I'm doing.

I actually have TWO N5500's here... I use one to back up the data from the first after I learned a very hard lesson by loosing all my data from a N5200PRO a few months ago. The second N5500 is still running FW 3.00.07 and is working fine.

Using Fiddler I typed the URL's for both units and for the one that I cannot log onto with the web interface, I got this:

HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
    Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:48:22 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Set-Cookie: MYSESSID=1ebe4f17c60b265b2052e2eb93a349c3; path=/
    Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Content-Length: 0
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html

The other one (that's still working) I got this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:49:36 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html
    (followed by a lot of HTML and CSS stuff and it resulted in a proper log in screen)

It looks like the FW upgrade from 3.00.08B to 3.01.004 failed somehow (even though it appeared to complete successfully right up to the reboot) on this unit.

Do you know if there's any way to roll back the FW to an earlier version?

The other thing I'm noticing, when I restart the N5500 that isn't working right, there is a brief flash on the LCD saying "HBT Log Full", but I have no idea what an HBT Log is, and that term doesn't appear in the manual or anywhere on the screens of my working N5500.

If you or anyone else could offer help here, I'd be very grateful.

Eldor

Thread Information