Thread: AX650 has failed - what's the best approach?

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

AX650 has failed - what's the best approach?

Hi there

I bought a prebuilt 3XS system from Scan just over 2 years ago, including a Corsair AX650.

I've had problems for the last couple of months, with the system taking 4-5 tries to make it switch on - I had presumed it was a dodgy link in the switch, but today, it went completely. I've tried everything I can think of to get the PSU started, down to plugging it into the wall and jump-starting it across the pins, but it just won't start. It trickles enough power to light up the mobo, and exhibits the same behaviour on multiple kettle leads, so I don't think it's a dodgy fuse or similar.

Today's been a bit of a nightmare, but there you go... I've purchased a CX600M from a local shop and that's working perfectly, my system is back up and running so I can get back to work.

Question is, what's the best approach now?

My first issue is that I'm not sure I have all of the cables and gubbins, just the main unit.

My second is that, given that the CX600M seems to be working well, I don't really want/need a replacement PSU. Would it be possible to get a cash substitute or similar? It seems daft for you to send me a replacement if I'm then going to whack it straight on the classifieds and send it back out again.

Cheers

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: AX650 has failed - what's the best approach?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post

Question is, what's the best approach now?

My first issue is that I'm not sure I have all of the cables and gubbins, just the main unit.

My second is that, given that the CX600M seems to be working well, I don't really want/need a replacement PSU. Would it be possible to get a cash substitute or similar? It seems daft for you to send me a replacement if I'm then going to whack it straight on the classifieds and send it back out again.

Cheers
    Hey jim,

Nice to hear that you're system is back up and running. Now regarding your questions;

- We really don't need all the original cables that came with the PSU, we just need the unit itself and that's good enough to process an RMA.

- Second part is going to be an RMA replacement by default. Although, I do understand where you are coming from, our customer service would still be the best people to contact and find out if there are alternatives. You can always submit an RMA ticket via Corsair.force.com. Otherwise, your case would simply fall under standard warranty policy.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Re: AX650 has failed - what's the best approach?

Alright, thanks for getting back to me Greybeard. I'll submit a ticket and report back - hopefully this will go well, I like Corsair products but never had to return one before!

Thread Information