Thread: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

Thanks

Angry Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

Hi, I live in the UK and I'm trying to get an express RMA for my faulty H100i. I seems that Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

I've always bought Corsair products based on reviews, quality etc but now I'm not so sure.

Contact from the UK is difficult. There is no UK number, and the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. Not to mention I'm (like everyone else) busy getting ready for Christmas, I don't have time for one response a day.

The US phone number given is supposedly free via Skype. So I install Skype (Which shouldn't be needed) and When I tried to call, the call failed. It may be an issue on my side, but support only via Skype is a poor effort. How much would it cost a company the size of Corsair to provide a UK number for their UK operation?

Why do we need to pay for postage, my corsair product has failed to do what corsair claimed (last the full warranty time) and I now have to pay for it? When does the customer have to pay when the company sells a faulty product to them. Every other company I've had experience with has given me a pre-paid label without me even asking. What are the shipping costs going to be like if I have to post outside of the UK.

I love Corsair's products but this is going to make it difficult to keep buying them unless there's some improvement with the UK Customer support.

Thanks
    • MLyons's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PRIME X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 2700x
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB
      • Storage:
      • 500GB MX500 500GB HDD 2TB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA SC2 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair tx650
      • Case:
      • Corsair Air 540
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 Asus 1080p

Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr4mbo View Post
    Hi, I live in the UK and I'm trying to get an express RMA for my faulty H100i. I seems that Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

I've always bought Corsair products based on reviews, quality etc but now I'm not so sure.

Contact from the UK is difficult. There is no UK number, and the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. Not to mention I'm (like everyone else) busy getting ready for Christmas, I don't have time for one response a day.

The US phone number given is supposedly free via Skype. So I install Skype (Which shouldn't be needed) and When I tried to call, the call failed. It may be an issue on my side, but support only via Skype is a poor effort. How much would it cost a company the size of Corsair to provide a UK number for their UK operation?

Why do we need to pay for postage, my corsair product has failed to do what corsair claimed (last the full warranty time) and I now have to pay for it? When does the customer have to pay when the company sells a faulty product to them. Every other company I've had experience with has given me a pre-paid label without me even asking. What are the shipping costs going to be like if I have to post outside of the UK.

I love Corsair's products but this is going to make it difficult to keep buying them unless there's some improvement with the UK Customer support.
    Id recommend contacting them on twitter. They are generally very quick. I'll see if I can poke a corsair member to come have a look in here
    Half dev, Half doge. Some say DevDoge

Feel free to message me if you find any bugs or have any suggestions.
    If you need me urgently, PM me
    If something is/was broke it was probably me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks
    • virtuo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 9 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent 2TB PCIE4 NVME + NAS upon NAS upon NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2 Grey
      • Operating System:
      • RedStar 3, Ubuntu, Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung CRG90 5140x1440 120hz
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet's best, but still poor, attempt

Quote Originally Posted by MLyons View Post
    I'll see if I can poke a corsair member to come have a look in here
    Look, shrug, leave

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Or you can go to their website and raise an RMA through that. I've done it 2 / 3 times and always received quick responses.

As for you comments about "their UK operation" I'm not 100% certain but I am fairly sure they don't have a UK based office. In fact, from memory all my RMA's have been sent out of the UK for repair / replacement.

On top of that, Corsair also paid for postage via a pre-paid label.

And to my knowledge, they make no claims that a product will last a specific time, they just provide a warranty in the event that something does go wrong - which unfortunately is / can be inevitable.

I don't get it though, one minute you're saying you can't contact them and the next, you're suddenly being told you have to pay for the shipping?
    Last edited by Disturbedguy; 08-12-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

5. Received thanks from:

MLyons (07-12-2017),peterb (07-12-2017)

Thanks

I'm in contact with someone through the live chat but as I said the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. I don't have much free time and I get home late so can't be on the phone in the middle of the night.

I can't get skype to work, I've never used it before. We shouldn't need to jump through so many hoops just to talk to someone. Also the live chat can't setup a Express RMA for me only the standard one.

Through live chat I was told the postage is paid for by the customer and from all the negative reviews it seems the postage is expensive.

I managed to get through to someone on reddit so It will hopefully be setup soon. I hope you guys improve your UK customer service because I love corsair products and want to keep buying more of them.

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

I don't think Corsair UK monitor this forum any more - soz!
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I'm in contact with someone through the live chat but as I said the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. I don't have much free time and I get home late so can't be on the phone in the middle of the night.

I can't get skype to work, I've never used it before. We shouldn't need to jump through so many hoops just to talk to someone. Also the live chat can't setup a Express RMA for me only the standard one.

Through live chat I was told the postage is paid for by the customer and from all the negative reviews it seems the postage is expensive.

I managed to get through to someone on reddit so It will hopefully be setup soon. I hope you guys improve your UK customer service because I love corsair products and want to keep buying more of them.
    TLR - You could have still used the website to raise an RMA though? As I said, they are pretty quick at getting back to you and as I said, I've never had to pay for postage, even when it was my own dumb fault that one of my products got broke / damaged.

I know its a matter of opinion, but I don't think there is nothing wrong with the UK Customer Service (Seeing as I don't think they actually have a UK based office..) and again...the website RMA service is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
    I don't think Corsair UK monitor this forum any more - soz!
    Greybeard used to, but I haven't seen him here since July...

Thread Information