Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Angry Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    Hi, I live in the UK and I'm trying to get an express RMA for my faulty H100i. I seems that Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    I've always bought Corsair products based on reviews, quality etc but now I'm not so sure.

    Contact from the UK is difficult. There is no UK number, and the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. Not to mention I'm (like everyone else) busy getting ready for Christmas, I don't have time for one response a day.

    The US phone number given is supposedly free via Skype. So I install Skype (Which shouldn't be needed) and When I tried to call, the call failed. It may be an issue on my side, but support only via Skype is a poor effort. How much would it cost a company the size of Corsair to provide a UK number for their UK operation?

    Why do we need to pay for postage, my corsair product has failed to do what corsair claimed (last the full warranty time) and I now have to pay for it? When does the customer have to pay when the company sells a faulty product to them. Every other company I've had experience with has given me a pre-paid label without me even asking. What are the shipping costs going to be like if I have to post outside of the UK.

    I love Corsair's products but this is going to make it difficult to keep buying them unless there's some improvement with the UK Customer support.

  2. #2
    HEXUS.staff MLyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked
    42 times in 32 posts
    • MLyons's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87
      • CPU:
      • 4770k
      • Memory:
      • 4GB/8GB/16GB corsair vengeance LP Depends on how my PC is feeling at the time
      • Storage:
      • 256GB 840 evo 2TB samsung HDD 500GB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 290
      • PSU:
      • Corsair tx650
      • Case:
      • Corsair Air 540
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 Asus 1080p

    Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr4mbo View Post
    Hi, I live in the UK and I'm trying to get an express RMA for my faulty H100i. I seems that Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    I've always bought Corsair products based on reviews, quality etc but now I'm not so sure.

    Contact from the UK is difficult. There is no UK number, and the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. Not to mention I'm (like everyone else) busy getting ready for Christmas, I don't have time for one response a day.

    The US phone number given is supposedly free via Skype. So I install Skype (Which shouldn't be needed) and When I tried to call, the call failed. It may be an issue on my side, but support only via Skype is a poor effort. How much would it cost a company the size of Corsair to provide a UK number for their UK operation?

    Why do we need to pay for postage, my corsair product has failed to do what corsair claimed (last the full warranty time) and I now have to pay for it? When does the customer have to pay when the company sells a faulty product to them. Every other company I've had experience with has given me a pre-paid label without me even asking. What are the shipping costs going to be like if I have to post outside of the UK.

    I love Corsair's products but this is going to make it difficult to keep buying them unless there's some improvement with the UK Customer support.
    Id recommend contacting them on twitter. They are generally very quick. I'll see if I can poke a corsair member to come have a look in here
    Feel free to message me if you find any bugs or have any suggestions.
    If you need me urgently, PM me
    If something is/was broke it was probably me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


    ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,574
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked
    215 times in 160 posts
    • virtuo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus GRYPHON Z87
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K @4.8Ghz Corsair H100i GTX
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb G.Skill TridentX 2400 @ CAS9
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb + Many, many HDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti FTW
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 750W
      • Case:
      • be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)
      • Operating System:
      • Win10, Fedora
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell U2515H 1440p DELL U3415W Ultrawide for Work
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet Unlimited 80Mb

    Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    Quote Originally Posted by MLyons View Post
    I'll see if I can poke a corsair member to come have a look in here
    Look, shrug, leave

  4. #4
    HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,911
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked
    426 times in 321 posts
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe v2
      • CPU:
      • i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengenance
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD 1 x 120 Corsair SSD 1 x 1TB Samsung HDD 1 x 500GBHD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design R2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

    Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr4mbo View Post
    Hi, I live in the UK and I'm trying to get an express RMA for my faulty H100i. I seems that Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    I've always bought Corsair products based on reviews, quality etc but now I'm not so sure.

    Contact from the UK is difficult. There is no UK number, and the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. Not to mention I'm (like everyone else) busy getting ready for Christmas, I don't have time for one response a day.

    The US phone number given is supposedly free via Skype. So I install Skype (Which shouldn't be needed) and When I tried to call, the call failed. It may be an issue on my side, but support only via Skype is a poor effort. How much would it cost a company the size of Corsair to provide a UK number for their UK operation?

    Why do we need to pay for postage, my corsair product has failed to do what corsair claimed (last the full warranty time) and I now have to pay for it? When does the customer have to pay when the company sells a faulty product to them. Every other company I've had experience with has given me a pre-paid label without me even asking. What are the shipping costs going to be like if I have to post outside of the UK.

    I love Corsair's products but this is going to make it difficult to keep buying them unless there's some improvement with the UK Customer support.
    Or you can go to their website and raise an RMA through that. I've done it 2 / 3 times and always received quick responses.

    As for you comments about "their UK operation" I'm not 100% certain but I am fairly sure they don't have a UK based office. In fact, from memory all my RMA's have been sent out of the UK for repair / replacement.

    On top of that, Corsair also paid for postage via a pre-paid label.

    And to my knowledge, they make no claims that a product will last a specific time, they just provide a warranty in the event that something does go wrong - which unfortunately is / can be inevitable.

    I don't get it though, one minute you're saying you can't contact them and the next, you're suddenly being told you have to pay for the shipping?
    Last edited by Disturbedguy; 08-12-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

  5. Received thanks from:

    MLyons (07-12-2017),peterb (07-12-2017)

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    I'm in contact with someone through the live chat but as I said the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. I don't have much free time and I get home late so can't be on the phone in the middle of the night.

    I can't get skype to work, I've never used it before. We shouldn't need to jump through so many hoops just to talk to someone. Also the live chat can't setup a Express RMA for me only the standard one.

    Through live chat I was told the postage is paid for by the customer and from all the negative reviews it seems the postage is expensive.

    I managed to get through to someone on reddit so It will hopefully be setup soon. I hope you guys improve your UK customer service because I love corsair products and want to keep buying more of them.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    732
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked
    50 times in 46 posts
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z170 Pro Gamer ATX
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 4 core
      • Memory:
      • Corsair VPX 3000 DDR4 (16, 4*4)
      • Storage:
      • 500gb 850 Evo sata3 SSD, 2*2TB Green 5900 Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 390 8gb
      • PSU:
      • toughpower 1kw
      • Case:
      • Zalman Z3 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • VIEWSONIC VG2401MH 144hz (Solid)
      • Internet:
      • Origin ADSL Broadband, not really recommended.

    Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    I don't think Corsair UK monitor this forum any more - soz!
    : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>not quite

    how do you spend your time online? (Hexus link)

  8. #7
    HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,911
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked
    426 times in 321 posts
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe v2
      • CPU:
      • i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengenance
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD 1 x 120 Corsair SSD 1 x 1TB Samsung HDD 1 x 500GBHD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design R2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

    Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr4mbo View Post
    I'm in contact with someone through the live chat but as I said the live chat is only available during US hours. Because of this we've lost the entire day and I'm only able to contact them at night. I don't have much free time and I get home late so can't be on the phone in the middle of the night.

    I can't get skype to work, I've never used it before. We shouldn't need to jump through so many hoops just to talk to someone. Also the live chat can't setup a Express RMA for me only the standard one.

    Through live chat I was told the postage is paid for by the customer and from all the negative reviews it seems the postage is expensive.

    I managed to get through to someone on reddit so It will hopefully be setup soon. I hope you guys improve your UK customer service because I love corsair products and want to keep buying more of them.
    TLR - You could have still used the website to raise an RMA though? As I said, they are pretty quick at getting back to you and as I said, I've never had to pay for postage, even when it was my own dumb fault that one of my products got broke / damaged.

    I know its a matter of opinion, but I don't think there is nothing wrong with the UK Customer Service (Seeing as I don't think they actually have a UK based office..) and again...the website RMA service is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

  9. #8
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    3,098
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked
    267 times in 231 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock X79 Extreme4-M
      • CPU:
      • i7 3930K o/c to 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer G&R
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite E2773HS
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Corsair's UK Customer service is almost non-existent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
    I don't think Corsair UK monitor this forum any more - soz!
    Greybeard used to, but I haven't seen him here since July...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •