Hi guys,
i have a small problem with a cube pc which i was given by a bloke at the tip, he was about to throw it into the scrap metal bin when i asked him for it. the system had been used as a cctv curveillance system by a small company. the manufacturer was LJD.

when i plugged the system in it booted straight away, there were no components missing, i could acess all of the software on it (windows embedded) and look at some of the old cctv footage however after a few minutes the system switched off and refused to get past post again. the system keeps on rebooting when i have a HDD plugged in, the fans all power up however when i have just a cd rom drive plugged in i can get into windows setup using my XP cd.

am i right in assuming that the problem is with the PSU because the system booted initially and therefore cannot be attributed to MOBO problems. i booted just using a cd rom and got into bios, i monitored the voltage readings which were fairly constant however even in post after a few mins the system rebooted.

i do not have any extra psu's to hand or know anyone who may have a spare i could borrow.