Thread: WTF is this about? Security Breach?

Thanks
    • megatron's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • q9550
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill PI8800 1150Mhz DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 4.7Tb Caviar EARS 2Tb, EACS 1Tb, 7k1000.b, Spinpoint 200Mb, Seagate 500Gb ST3500641AS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Voltage Tweak 5770 (egg shape cooler)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • P180 Antec
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 6bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20Mb (XL)

WTF is this about? Security Breach?

Due to a possible security breach, your password for username Megatron in users.hexus.net has been reset. This has been done to protect your data. Your new login details are as follows

Username - edited
    Password - I am not silly

If you experience any problems with accessing your account then please send an email to the webmaster

As an additional security measure, if you are a regular forums user then we would suggest that you login there and change your password as well. Please remember that your forums username and password are still the same as they were before and that they are not related to your users.hexus.net account.

HEXUS has carried out this process as a preventative measure and we apologise for any inconvenience it may cause. We take security very seriously and I'm sure you will agree that it is best to err on the side of caution

Thanks
    • megatron's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • q9550
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill PI8800 1150Mhz DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 4.7Tb Caviar EARS 2Tb, EACS 1Tb, 7k1000.b, Spinpoint 200Mb, Seagate 500Gb ST3500641AS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Voltage Tweak 5770 (egg shape cooler)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • P180 Antec
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 6bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20Mb (XL)
    "The username megatron is either awaiting activation or has been inactivated. If you are still awaiting activation then you need to follow the link in the email that was sent to you."

This is what I get when I try to access my profile with comments in! I had to start it from scratch after the big data loss a couple of months ago.

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    Your user account was migrated to the new version of the system around 3 weeks ago. You would have received an activation email along with everyone else unless the email account in your profile was not valid. Please check all your email accounts.

In addition we spotted a potential security breach this morning and to prevent any issues I ran a script to create new random passwords for everyone. Unfortunately one of the users had an illegal character in his profile from the old user system and the update script automtically reset itself and ran again. Looking at the logs some people received more than one email as the script reset. In these instances please use the last email you received

megatron, if you have deleted the activation email or it is in an email account you cant access then let me know and I will send you a new one. Since you are receiving the security breach emails I assume you received the activation email as well

Thread Information