Thread: Headline :: Sony to double PS3 HDD for Europe?

Thanks

Headline :: Sony to double PS3 HDD for Europe?

Sony CEO David Reeves believes that the revised US PS3, which sees a jump in capacity from a 60GB to 80GB HDD is far too small a jump for the European market.

Check out the Headline

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    "We don't think it's necessary to reduce the price. We think that consumers want added value in Europe. We think it's the right decision."
    liars. they dont think at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard from a company about the price difference. Because lets see they are sucking up the ~£5 difference per HDD to give us extended storage for which it probably isn't even needed. And I see they are not exactly rushing out the door to show us those "benefits". I think they have mistaken value for money Wii (at £179 or thereabouts) for being able to drop in unecessary items and not move the price point.

I don't even have a PS3 and I'm angry. Its a pretty abysmal way to write off a large group of your customers, in fact if it wasn't for the fact eventually they will sell oodles of 'em it would be laughable.

EDIT: And would do you current PS3 owners think about new buyers getting more for the same money so soon after you laid out the full price?
    Last edited by GeorgeTuk; 17-07-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeTuk View Post
    EDIT: And would do you current PS3 owners think about new buyers getting more for the same money so soon after you laid out the full price?
    I've been buying electronic hardware for years.

Given all the downloads we 'bought' from the ps store in the first month anyway, and the months of fun, i'm hardly going to take to the streets.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, so you get a bigger hard drive? Wasn't the PS3 stupidly easy to upgrade the hard drive anyway?

Why didn't they just go, "Hey Europe, you're paying twice as much for the PS3 as the other regions, so how about we add in the bonus of us pissing in your faces?"
    Last edited by Veles; 17-07-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Veles on: Xbox live, My Halo stats
    Veles343 on: Xfire, Steam, BF2, BF2142
    My Blog

Thanks
    Sony are not the only company to do this and it's been going on for a very long time. Nintendo are just as bad, i remember the great n64 price drop debacle, it was out a few months and cost nearly £190 which is what my friend paid then a week later it dropped to £99 (big ads in all the big newspapers). The thing is if you want something then you go and buy it, and not think about waiting for a super deal or price drop, its all about the games now.
    Whatever different deals come out doesnt bother me(as a current ps3 owner!), in fact seeing that you can get 2 free games and an extra controller makes me happy for new ps3 customers and its a better deal than a £50 price drop, Its all good in my eyes and as for the extra storage well there's nowt stopping me stick a 250gb in my ps3!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    I've been buying electronic hardware for years.

Given all the downloads we 'bought' from the ps store in the first month anyway, and the months of fun, i'm hardly going to take to the streets.
    You are correct on things changing alot but its only a few months after launch and the Wii hasn't been upgraded yet (and probably won't). Just seemed a kick in the teeth to me but obviously you guys are happy to take it so I guess with customers like that who needs suckers!

Thanks
    • Barrichello's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB
    but obviously you guys are happy to take it so I guess with customers like that who needs suckers!
    I feel like more of a sucker for having shelled out for a steaming pile of a poo xbox 360 that has broken down twice. My PS3 has been a bargain in comparison.

9. Received thanks from:

gtech (18-07-2007)

Thanks
    but obviously you guys are happy to take it so I guess with customers like that who needs suckers!
    barrichello has summed it up, you calling us ps3 owners suckers isnt very mature now is it!!!!! And the fact that many many xboxes have died and there were people buying new ones because its out of the 12 month warrenty (before ms realised their console was poorly made and gave you 3 years).
    So its not a kick in the teeth, in fact for new ps3 customers its a bargin, argos £399 2 free games and 1 extra controller is a bargin, At least you know your getting a console thats not going to breakdown. i dont appericiate you calling me a sucker!! same with all the ps3 owners on here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    barrichello has summed it up, you calling us ps3 owners suckers isnt very mature now is it!!!!! And the fact that many many xboxes have died and there were people buying new ones because its out of the 12 month warrenty (before ms realised their console was poorly made and gave you 3 years).
    So its not a kick in the teeth, in fact for new ps3 customers its a bargin, argos £399 2 free games and 1 extra controller is a bargin, At least you know your getting a console thats not going to breakdown. i dont appericiate you calling me a sucker!! same with all the ps3 owners on here.
    Sorry I wasn't meaning Xbox vs PS3, I thought it was in general a bit naughty product wise to be pumping out new versions so soon after people shelled out for high end electrical product.

And sorry about the suckers bit, I'm just suprised no one is more cheesed off. I know I would be, not militant as such but cheesed off nonetheless.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrichello View Post
    I feel like more of a sucker for having shelled out for a steaming pile of a poo xbox 360 that has broken down twice. My PS3 has been a bargain in comparison.
    can you honestly say the games on your over priced ps3 are better than the 360's?

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    And sorry about the suckers bit, I'm just suprised no one is more cheesed off. I know I would be, not militant as such but cheesed off nonetheless.
    Do you think nobody here has bought hardware before?

I bought a new 26" hd lcd tv not long after they came out, it cost me £800, about 3 months later it had dropped down to £600, and now they can be had for less then £400..

Same with my monitor, DVD player, half my pc components, etc etc etc..

That's why nobody was surprised, and nobody was particularly bothered - they'd accepted that at some point after purchase the price would drop (through something like the starter bundle, or a bona-fide reduction).

Anyone who was that bothered about price differentials would be importing from the states or Japan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    can you honestly say the games on your over priced ps3 are better than the 360's?
    Honestly, I don't really give a toss what the 360 has or doesn't have, I'm quite happy with the games I have so far, I'm more than impressed with the quality of my blu-ray movies, and I'm very happy with the build quality of my PS3. I'm also quite happy with the range of games all in development.

I can be quite happy knowing that when I'm not playing games or watching a movie, I can leave my PS3 on, crunching away on folding@home full tilt and doing my part for science, knowing that my PS3 will still function day after day..

In fact, my PS3 has been on constantly for the last 6 months.. Try doing that with a 360..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

14. Received thanks from:

gtech (18-07-2007)

Thanks
    • Barrichello's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB
    Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    I dont feel my PS3 was overpriced at £360, or even at full retail at the time of £420 if i would of payed that. Although primarily buying it for games, i also brought it for blu-ray like stoo below - for my hd-tv, as it is superior to many £500+ blu-ray standalone players. So not so overpiced now eh?

Games wise yes i honestly prefer the PS3 titles - i have spent more time playing TekkenDR/motorstorm/NGSigma than i ever did playing my xbox 360 - (an thats not just cause of all the time it spent awol being repaired) -with some of the E3 games i have seen coming PS3's way the future looks rosy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
    Honestly, I don't really give a toss what the 360 has or doesn't have, I'm quite happy with the games I have so far, I'm more than impressed with the quality of my blu-ray movies, and I'm very happy with the build quality of my PS3. I'm also quite happy with the range of games all in development.

I can be quite happy knowing that when I'm not playing games or watching a movie, I can leave my PS3 on, crunching away on folding@home full tilt and doing my part for science, knowing that my PS3 will still function day after day..

In fact, my PS3 has been on constantly for the last 6 months.. Try doing that with a 360..
    I have to second agree with you on the build quality, being so quiet and - i leave mine on folding as well allot while watching tv etc - and yes folding at home really is showing how advanced a piece of kit the PS3 is. The stats it is showing is phenomenal even at this early stage of its life.

Thanks
    Yup, it's a good thing there's such a surplus of energy in the UK at present. I leave all of my items on 24/7.

Edit: PS3 is the best.
    Last edited by PenguinJim; 18-07-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: I wanted gtech to thank me.

Thanks
    your be lucky! cant stand penguins, silly short-arsed waddling birds!!!

Thread Information