Thread: ghstech.co.uk

Registered+
    Thanks

ghstech.co.uk

I just have to have a moan about ghstech.co.uk

Bought a graphics card from them yesterday and the experience was so bad I already kinda regret giving them money and actually emailed them a list of complaints after completing the purchase. (Yet to hear back.) I only bought it there 'cos despite my complaints they were the cheapest of pretty much the only place listed the card and actually had it in stock.

1) The delivery charges are shockingly high. I was charged £11.74 to ship a graphics card. Not even next day delivery. I bought a case from Komplett, an item many times larger and considerably heavier than a graphics card and the delivery was only £7. At Scan I bought a cpu, motherboard, ram, harddisc, power supply and a keyboard. The total shipping cost for all of that was just under £10. ghstech.co.uk had the case I wanted too and I was going to get it there thinking that it would be cheaper than paying separate shipping else where but adding the case to the cart increased shipping by so much I took it out again.

2) The quoted price of delivery changed during the order process. Fist of all it was £7.99 + £1.40 worth of VAT. Which is a total of £9.39. On the next screen the delivery charge became £11.74 with no explanation.

3) The checkout process provides no indication of where in the process you are. Will I get a chance to review my order when I click this submit button? Who knows, have to just click it and see.

4) Upon completing the order I was given an order number. The email confirmation of my order does not contain this number! A major and very unhelpful omission.

5) The website has some infuriating design flaws. A lot of the navigation links are not links at all but a call to a JavaScript function. This means that browser functions such as 'open in new tab' cannot be used. It's impossible to bookmark anything on the site because whatever product is being viewed the url in the browser's location field is always http://ghstech.co.uk/Details.asp

6) They won't ship to anywhere apart from credit card holder's address. This is for security reasons apparently. Yet both Scan and Komplett, from whom I have never previously purchased, both allowed me to have my purchases shipped to my work address.

All in all, seriously unimpressive.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    I havent heard of this place before, but I was on the hunt for some odd cables last week and found several sites like this that charge stupid amounts for postage, yet the price of the item is lower than everywhere else, and that seems to get them to the top of the froogle search.

I emailed a few of the places to ask why it was such high postage charges, and none of them got back to me.

I'm not sure what my point was now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    • mr mister's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte 965P-DS4
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo 6300
      • Memory:
      • 2x1GB Geil PC6400 and 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC5300
      • Storage:
      • ~1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7800GT
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 600w
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1000b+II
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2005FPW
      • Internet:
      • 8MB F2s
    never had experience with them myself but if I were you I would have waited to receive the card before you fired off the email with complaints.

Thanks
    you list all these problems yet you still ordered from them ????
    It is Inevitable.....

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonia View Post
    you list all these problems yet you still ordered from them ????
    Yeah. Believe me, that's just what I'm thinking.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: ghstech.co.uk

Well they thanked me for the feedback, said they'd found and corrected the error that caused the postage to increase from one screen to the next and have refunded me the difference.

jif
    Thanks

Re: ghstech.co.uk

well, did u get your card in the end? and was it what you ordered? i've dealt with them in the past and found their service to be excellent. no complaints at all. would recommend them and use them again.

Thread Information