First post. Looked everywhere and I cant find the answer to the issue I'm having with my AA8 Duramax Mobo.

My power supply failed. Had a 500w PSU that powered my system nicely. Came in the other morning...everything dead except for a couple status lights on the mobo. Swapped PSU out of an old Dell ...as a temporary measure until I could order a new PSU. System worked fine on startup and for 1 day.

Shut it down, then powered up the next morning and bam. Bios comes up, bios goes through all the checks and checks all the components fine (Code "FF"), fans power up, components power on. It even get to the point to initialize the HDD, then before the XP initialization screen pops up the screen goes blank and my system hangs in that state. Never see XP initialize. No more hard drive sound, but all fans/components stay on and code "FF".

Is it the temporary PSU I installed? If so, why would it work fro 1 day then crap out the next day? This is the temporary psu I'm using....
atxcases.com/item.asp?id=2254&desc=norwood-switching-power-supply ...I know its a piece of junk. I have a new one on order. I'm just confused why it would work for a full day, then crap out on a re-boot.

My system is:
2 HDDs
ATI Radeon X800 GFX card
Abit AA8 Duramax MOBO
5-6 usb devices
Intel Hyper-Thread CPU
4x 1GB sticks DDR2 memory
TV Tuner

Thanks,