Thread: KN8 SLI no video and will not post

Thanks

KN8 SLI no video and will not post

I want to run two PCIe video cards in non SLI configuration. I have two ATI Radeon X300 cards and have been running one with dual monitors for a long time in my system without any problems. I just bought a second X300 card and a third monitor. I installed the second video card and tried to boot the system and it hung and there is no video output and it would not post. I took the second card back out and put the shadow card back in but the machine still will not post or give any video output. It seems to just be stuck there.

I tried taking out the battery and swithing the jumper both to clear the BIOS but nothing is working. The machine powers up but never posts.

Any suggestions what to try to get it back? I have two RAID mirrors on this system, one for the os and the other for my files. It is my main work machine and I am stuck. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: KN8 SLI no video and will not post

Ok, I took the PCIe card out and left the shadow card in. I then put a old Voodoo PCI card in and the machine boots fine. I tried both of my PCIe cards after getting the machine running with the PCI card but it hangs with either one installed. Did I damage the board somehow or maybe the PCIe cards?

I checked the BIOS but there is no way to disable SLI in it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Re: KN8 SLI no video and will not post

I am in need of a shadow card for the kn8 sli I was wondering if you had solved your problem and have an unused shadow card that you would like to sell.

Thread Information