Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Marketing Manager - Antec Frank Lee's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Hi M,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been receiving the best of support and that you had to return your product to the retailer. I unfortunately won't be of further assistance as I will be out of the office for considerable time. I don't know anything about a filter on our LCD, which, as you suggested, may be the root of the issue.

Once again, I'm sorry we were unable to assist you with that.

Best of luck,
    Nick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
    Hi M,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been receiving the best of support and that you had to return your product to the retailer. I unfortunately won't be of further assistance as I will be out of the office for considerable time. I don't know anything about a filter on our LCD, which, as you suggested, may be the root of the issue.

Once again, I'm sorry we were unable to assist you with that.

Best of luck,
    Nick
    How unfortunate. No worries, thanks for your efforts.

Perhaps you could pass the matter onto Frank, or someone else at Antec?

I'll bump the thread periodically on the off chance someone else can help. At the very least it may warn others of the state of the LCD before going through the hassle I had.

Peligroso, hope you are more successful. Post here if you manage to get your LCD sorted, I'll probably have another bash at this case if you do.

Regards
    M
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 02-09-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainonme View Post
    If anyone here is having any computer problems feel free to check
    Supportrix.com. Toll free number is 1-866-437-6418
    they can help you fix it
    No thx

Thanks

So did we lose all the Antec ppl on this forum now? Or can anyone else help?

Marketing Manager - Antec Frank Lee's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    So did we lose all the Antec ppl on this forum now? Or can anyone else help?
    Hi MonkeyL

This is Frank. Let me try to direct this to our Product Development guys to see if there is a solution. Sorry for the delay.

//Frank

Thanks

Thanks for your input. It would be nice to get to the bottom of this issue.

Regards
    M

Thanks

Another week rolls by......

Any update on this issue?

Thanks

Just buy something else MonkeyL. Check out the Silverstone cases. It doesn't have a LCD and the case is actually shorter and not as deep. Or if you can shell out, check out the Silverstone Tek GD02. It uses a LCD Screen. Looks quite nice.

Antec won't change or can't this at the moment. No use trying to change the world within Antec.

Thanks

I hear you, and have been looking at a few other brands.

The LCD on this case is so bad and so blatantly faulty it does make me wonder if I'll buy Antec again... How on earth it got to retail in that state is beyond me. At the very least it shows a major QA issue within Antec and makes me wonder what little surprises might be in their other cases.

However, since I've been at it for quite a few months now, I'd like to get some sort of explanation, even if it's "Yeah, they're all knackered".

As I say earlier in the thread, at least it might forewarn others before they buy, or help out those that have already bought and are unhappy. I've had quite a few people email me and ask me to continue, and it only takes a few moments each week.

I checked the case you mentioned, excellent, looks really great. Unfortunately I want one that fits full size ATX, I already have a mATX machine and I've found it to be a bit limiting.

Thanks for responding though.
    M

Thanks

Oh, I didn't realise you wanted full ATX.

Unfortunately, Antec should get their act together but I have reason to believe is also iMON issues. There must be some weird agreements in place where iMON isn't giving the best bits to Antec (e.g. there are lots of different colors for those lcds and Antec got the ****ty ones).

It's happening to all manufacturers that uses them unfortunately.

But Antec should just leave those iMON LCDs alone if that is the case.

If you need an ATX, just go for cases that uses VFD (e.g. Silverstone LC16) . Still iMON but i believe much better than their LCDs or go for touchscreen LCD

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

I have an Antec Fusion silver and knew about the problems with the LCD being too bright before I bought it. If you do a search you will find its been like this for years. The display was only good on the original cases which used a different type of display. All the ones based on LCD are too bright even on their lowest settings.

There are a couple of ways to fix the problem, one involves messing with the electronics. Cant help you with details there, if you dont know how to do it yourslef you probably shouldnt try.

The other way is to get some window tinting film they use on car windows. Cut some to size and put it over the display, works great Ive heard. You can buy it on ebay, only its usually on huge rolls so its a bit of a waste.

Display doesnt bother me that much tbh. Mine shuts down fine when the PC shuts down, you just have to tell it to do that in the iMon software.
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbuket View Post
    I have an Antec Fusion silver and knew about the problems with the LCD being too bright before I bought it. If you do a search you will find its been like this for years. The display was only good on the original cases which used a different type of display. All the ones based on LCD are too bright even on their lowest settings.
    Not so. I have another case (mATX) that uses the same soundgraph LCD, it is not too bright and looks exactly like the negative blue LCD on soundgraphs' page. Hence my surprise at the state of the one on the Fusion Max.

It does seem odd that if it's common knowledge that the LCD is too bright, that Antec haven't acted to sort the issue.

There are a couple of ways to fix the problem, one involves messing with the electronics. Cant help you with details there, if you dont know how to do it yourslef you probably shouldnt try.

The other way is to get some window tinting film they use on car windows. Cut some to size and put it over the display, works great Ive heard. You can buy it on ebay, only its usually on huge rolls so its a bit of a waste.
    Indeed... might be worth a look if I get another. Cheers I hadn't thought of the stuff for car windows.

Display doesnt bother me that much tbh. Mine shuts down fine when the PC shuts down, you just have to tell it to do that in the iMon software.
    Unfortunately I did but it still stays on... Noticed a few people mention the same thing but seems to effect far fewer people than the LCD issue.

Thanks

Unfortunately I did but it still stays on... Noticed a few people mention the same thing but seems to effect far fewer people than the LCD issue.
    I think mine might actually do the same... i've been away from it for a few months due to the summer holidays but am heading up tomorrow so i'll check.

I do remember it being rather annoying whenever i had to sleep in the lounge and eventually had to turn off the PSU via the switch at the back.

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Not so. I have another case (mATX) that uses the same soundgraph LCD, it is not too bright and looks exactly like the negative blue LCD on soundgraphs' page. Hence my surprise at the state of the one on the Fusion Max.
    I dont know about that. What I do know though is that most people (ive read about) choose the black case because they already know they might/will disable the LCD display because its too bright. And on the black case a disabled LCD doesnt show up so much as its black when off anyway.

It does seem odd that if it's common knowledge that the LCD is too bright, that Antec haven't acted to sort the issue.
    I read once that if you send it back to Antec they do something to the electronics that improves things, buts its still slightly too bright, plus it costs a bomb in postage as you have to send the whole case to Korea (or some other asian country - cant remember).

NB: I spent nearly a year deciding on my media centre case and despite the LCD problem still bought the Fusion. Its a shame Antec couldnt continue using the (i think its called) vacuum fluorescent tube displays that they used when they orginally released this case. These are the ones you see in the sales pictures so Antec are a bit naughty.
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Thanks

I dont know about that. What I do know though is that most people (ive read about) choose the black case because they already know they might/will disable the LCD display because its too bright. And on the black case a disabled LCD doesnt show up so much as its black when off anyway.

I read once that if you send it back to Antec they do something to the electronics that improves things, buts its still slightly too bright, plus it costs a bomb in postage as you have to send the whole case to Korea (or some other asian country - cant remember).

NB: I spent nearly a year deciding on my media centre case and despite the LCD problem still bought the Fusion. Its a shame Antec couldnt continue using the (i think its called) vacuum fluorescent tube displays that they used when they orginally released this case. These are the ones you see in the sales pictures so Antec are a bit naughty.

It's not because its too bright. The LCD was designed to HAVE a blue background with blue reading. Yes, I know its weird, but that was one of the "colours" of iMON LCDs. Check out the other colours at the iMON site.

Thanks

Thread Information