Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Thanks

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Quote Originally Posted by Antec-tech View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Just heard from product development talking about this problem today. We are currently creating a guide to resolve this problem. I will post and let you guys know about more about this once I get all the information.

Regards,
    Antec
    Excellent, cheers. I look forward to trying it out.

Thanks

OK, I have now recieved the information, it appears to equate to "turn the LCD off"!

Frankly, this advice is nothing short of an utter disgrace, it in no way addresses any of the issues that exist with the LCD's in this range of cases.

That anyone in their right mind could possibly regard this as a solution is simply beyond belief.

Obviously I'm not very happy.

Anyways, thanks for your help Antec_Tech, it's not your fault & I am grateful for your help in reaching the end of trying to resolve the issue.

Regards
    M
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 01-04-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Same here... I've recevied the mail with the 'workaround' that tells us, basically' to use the timer in the iMon software to turn the display off :-(

The answer could have been as well to rip the display off the case :-P

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    OK, I have now recieved the information, it appears to equate to "turn the LCD off"!

Frankly, this advice is nothing short of an utter disgrace, it in no way addresses any of the issues that exist with the LCD's in this range of cases.

That anyone in their right mind could possibly regard this as a solution is simply beyond belief.

Obviously I'm not very happy.

Anyways, thanks for your help Antec_Tech, it's not your fault & I am grateful for your help in reaching the end of trying to resolve the issue.

Regards
    M
    Hi MonkeyL,

I apologize for not being able to solved the problem to the LCD display. I personally thought the guide was to somehow dim the LCD display or something to get rid of the pink squares. I was given very little information last week so I couldn't give you guys more detail information regarding this problem. I'm sure that some of members were looking for a solution to turn off the LCD display and I'm glad we have that taken care of. I know this LCD display problem has been going on for a while and I am sure that product development is aware of this issue and hopefully they will have a solution to this problem as soon as they can.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patience and support you've shown us.

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Im not really surprised at the outcome.

There may still be hope in the form of a replacemnt LCD from the Soundgraph shop, but who knows how long it might be before they actually become available.

http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/sho...=4745#post4745
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Thanks

You can try ordering a sample two-way acrylic mirror from some online stores. One of my friends ordered a sample of the 1/8" acrylic 2-way mirrors from seethroughmirror.com, but we are both in the USA, so not sure if that will help outside here. He said it worked great. The sample size was about 6 inches by 8 inches, which he simply cut to fit. I saw his and it looked pretty good. The off angle pink is still there (when looking from vertical off angle, but horizontal angles looked very good). Contrast is much better since the overall brightness is down. You can try from you local glass/acrylic dealers. Most of them will have plenty of scrap pieces which were trimmings from other projects they have done.

Thanks

I have subsequently recieved the following:-

"Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:43:08 -0700

We are still trying to find the best solution to your problem and will get back to you next week with an update.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Mario Santos
    Antec Europe BV (RMA Dept)

t: + 31 (0) 10 208 89 19
    f: + 31 (0) 10 437 17 52
    www.antec.com"

Obviously that was 2 weeks ago, and despite numerous attempts to find out what is happening, I seem to be hitting the wall of silence again. Can't get any response, though I'm using europe.rma@antec.com, so you would imagine someone might reply.

Antec_Tech, I guess Mario could be on holiday so I wondered if there was anything you could do to find out what is happening and if there has been any progress?

Regards
    M

Thanks

I have subsequently recieved the following:-

"Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:43:08 -0700

We are still trying to find the best solution to your problem and will get back to you next week with an update.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Mario Santos
    Antec Europe BV (RMA Dept)

t: + 31 (0) 10 208 89 19
    f: + 31 (0) 10 437 17 52
    www.antec.com"

Obviously that was 2 weeks ago, and despite numerous attempts to find out what is happening, I seem to be hitting the wall of silence again. Can't get any response, though I'm using europe.rma@antec.com, so you would imagine someone might reply.

Antec_Tech, I guess Mario could be on holiday so I wondered if there was anything you could do to find out what is happening and if there has been any progress?

Regards
    M
    I guess not.

It now seems that Mario has vanished, and I have been asked to submit a fault ticket from scratch!

Back to square one! Such fun.

M

Antec support
    Thanks

I guess not.

It now seems that Mario has vanished, and I have been asked to submit a fault ticket from scratch!

Back to square one! Such fun.

M

MonkeyL,

Just wanted to you to know I'm still here.

Let me check on this problem and I will get back to you asap.

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

MonkeyL
    I know how you must feel i have been following this from the start, i am in the same boat as you but gave up months ago after being fobbed off with there's nothing wrong with it replies from antec.

The funny part is they lost 7 sales as a result as i build systems for friends & family

Robert

Thanks

MonkeyL,

Just wanted to you to know I'm still here.

Let me check on this problem and I will get back to you asap.

Regards,
    Antec
    Hi Antec-Tech,

Thanks for your input, and help. It is much appreciated.

Euro-RMA seem to be having collective amnesia, and Mario has vanished off the face of the earth despite promising an update "next week" over a month ago.

Sorry to have to keep bugging you about it but euro support now seems to be pretty much none existant.

Regards
    M

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobTi View Post
    MonkeyL
    I know how you must feel i have been following this from the start, i am in the same boat as you but gave up months ago after being fobbed off with there's nothing wrong with it replies from antec.

The funny part is they lost 7 sales as a result as i build systems for friends & family

Robert
    Hi there,

Yes, it's a bad state of affairs.

The only time I've ever had to use Antec support and it's been a bit underwhelming, to say the least.

I wouldn't want to tarr everyone with the same brush though as Antec-Tech has been very helpful.

I have subsequently looked at a number of HTPC cases from other manufacturers, all of which use an identical LCD from Soundgraph. None of them suffer any of the issues present on all the most recent Antec Veris range of products. The fault appears to be unique to Antec products made in the last 18 months.

In reality, this range of products should not have made it to retail at all, the LCD's are so massively out of whack it's just not plausible that no-one could have noticed. Someone just thought "sod it, hang the customer".

It makes me think that the quality of Antec products and their ideals are no longer what they were, or are perhaps on the wane.

Like you, I have started moving away from Antec products for future builds. I wouldn't say I would never buy Antec again, but I've already stopped using their PSU's and I would be reticent to use their enclosures again unless it's a specific request.

Regards
    M

Antec support
    Thanks

MonkeyL,

Just to update you, we are still finding a solution to this problem. An email around the company mainly to customer support and product development about this issue and hopefully this problem will get resolve as soon as possible.

Antec

Thanks

MonkeyL,

Just to update you, we are still finding a solution to this problem. An email around the company mainly to customer support and product development about this issue and hopefully this problem will get resolve as soon as possible.

Antec
    Hi Antec-Tech, thanks loads for your response. It's looking like the only way to get any sort of valid info is via your efforts.

EU support are now stating that as far as they're concerned there is no fault, despite aknowledging that they're aware of the fault a few months ago. Something is very very wrong with Antec's EU support, the left hand doesn't appear to know what the right is doing. Advice is contradictory and confusing. It would seem a blue LCD that in reality looks bright pink is now somehow.. fine!

They just sent me another email telling me to return the case to the retailer for a refund. I informed the retailer about this and forwared the emails advising me to return, but I suspect he has contacted EU support and been told there is no fault as the lines of communication have now gone totally silent.

Nice one Antec! It's looking like it's now going to get a bit messy and litigious. Oooo errr

Anyways, It won't be the first time. so it's no biggy. I'll hold off until I hear back from you, I don't think I'll bother trying to contact EU support again.

Thanks again, your effiorts really are greatly appreciated.
    M

Registered+
    Thanks

It's been announced on soundgraph's forum that a filter set for the LCDs has been made available at their online shop here:
    http://shop.soundgraph.com/ItemDetail.aspx?PDSEQ=22

Here's a video by soundgraph on how it works:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9OxbwcXvig

Looks like finally there is a solution available...
    Antec, is there any chance that you will be providing this filter for us?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mediocaballero View Post
    It's been announced on soundgraph's forum that a filter set for the LCDs has been made available at their online shop here:
    http://shop.soundgraph.com/ItemDetail.aspx?PDSEQ=22

Here's a video by soundgraph on how it works:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9OxbwcXvig

Looks like finally there is a solution available...
    Antec, is there any chance that you will be providing this filter for us?
    That would be nice, something to try at least.

However, looking at that video, the LCD is already the right colour (blue) before the filter is used to dull it down a bit.

The problem I have is that my LCD is entirely the wrong colour, and I suspect that even with this filter it'll just be a darker shade of pink.

That video reinforces my belief that the LCD's Antec have are inherantly faulty in manufacture, because the un-filtered LCD in that video already looks a million times better than all the ones I've seen in all the Fusion Max's I've had. It's the right colour, if a little bright, even before the filter is overlayed.

Still, at this stage I'd be happy to try anything to see if it helps in any way.

Thread Information