Hi Guys,

A month or so ago the front panel power switch on my Antec 300 case was intermittently refusing to power on my system. The first time it happened I freaked out (as you do), but I pushed it a few more times and it suddenly powered up my system. Not a good feeling, though, as it was a clear sign that something was wrong. For the next few days I didn't have any problems, but eventually the problem occurred again until the power switch seemed completely dead.

Trouble-shooting the problem, I replaced the power switch with the reset switch and - presto - problem solved! Well, for a while anyway. Just today I had the same problem where I had to push the reset button several times for my system to power up.

I suspect that because the front panel switches seem to be housed together that there is a problem of wear-and-tear there. Something has probably come loose. It is very frustrating because I suspect sooner than later my system won't power up because of these switches.

What do you guys reckon, should I just hunt down a new, more solid power-reset switch set up?

Note: My mobo is an ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3.