Thread: I need help

Thanks

Exclamation I need help

I have used both PCs and Macs for a long time and i recently got a Sawtooth Power Macintosh G4 Graphite. Here are the specs

Dual 1Ghz Processor G4 (i upgraded it)
    1.12GB PC-100 SDRAM
    40GB HDD
    1TB External HDD
    Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8

I got this computer because i have a huge collection of macs, and this is one of the last ones i needed for my collection. When i got it, it had only a single core G4 400Mhz processor, 768Mb of RAM, and Mac OS X tiger (10.4.8). I decided to upgrade it to 10.4.11 using a combo update and after i restarted, the computer got a kernel panic. I re-installed tiger and then upgraded the computer. Then i installed Leopard and then combo update 10.5.8. The system itself is ok, but it is making a very disturbing and kind of weird/scary noise from time to time. ever since the system kernel panic, whenever the system is on, it makes this noise from time to time from the speakers that sounds like a woman saying something or singing (but somehow it does not sound like any of the mac voices) and the voice is kind of distorted and blurred. There is absolutely no problem with the system itself, as Leopard is running in optimal condition. The noise lasts for about 3 seconds and then just abruptly goes away. There is no fan or hard drive noises as i confirmed that the source of noises is coming from the system speaker. I am an expert on PCs and Macs but this is a very new problem to me and it is annoying. No matter how loud or quiet i turn the speaker to, the noise still sounds about every 15 minutes at precisely the same volume. The only way i can turn it off is by putting the computer in sleep mode, or by muting it. No, my house is not haunted. I am sitting right next to it and i just heard the noise again. It sounds like a ghost. Please, I need help with this.

Thanks
    • mightymouse's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Striker Extreme
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Duo Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 1GB Corsair Dominator PC8500
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung T166 RAID0, 1 x 500GB Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1000W
      • Case:
      • CM Stacker 830 - nVidia
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • O2 Internet

Re: I need help

not sure if SL is supposed to work with non-intel macs. i think i read it somewhere. it could be a hardware incompatibility other than that i dont know why a ghost would reside in speakers hehehe

ohh do you have anything close to the speakers that may cause interference?

Thread Information