Thread: Unbale to connect Powerbook G4

Thanks

Unhappy Unbale to connect Powerbook G4

Hi guys,

I have a powerbook G4 that I would like to connect to my home network. I've got a Netgear DG814 (adsl modem/router) connected to the Internet and working fine. I currently have a PC and a laptop connected to eveything is working just fine. However, I am unable to connect the powerbook to the Internet through the DG814. The led that normally turns "on" when a machine is connected to the DG814 doesn't not even light up. I have configured the Powerbook in the same way as my other machines (i.e. using DHCP)... I tried different cables and the problem is still there...

I hope that I posted this question correctly since it seems to me that the problem is related to the Powerbook rather than the Internet...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

xfactor

Thanks
    Have you tried using just a crossover cable connecting the PB to A.N.Other computer? Just to see if the ethernet port on the PB is dead....or try using a PCMCIA network card with the PB and see if that works...sounds like a dead ethernet port to me, from the description you've given...
    Well Hello!

Thread Information