Thread: f1 cars

misterious and scary
    Thanks

f1 cars

all these f1 teams waiting so long for the new cars to be entered into the championship is stupid, Mclaren especially with there 2003 car or should i say 2002 car, its ruined poor kimi's chances

williams didnt do wait to bring there car out and look how they have done, its all coming together now

ferrari did it and now i think they are suffereing for it, although there car wasnt as good as what they said.

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Thanks
    McLaren have made a huge mistake by waiting until late in the season to bring out their new car, but what they have done is shown how competitive they can be with their old car against the new cars from Ferrari and Williams. I feel Williams have done the right thing by bringing out the new car at the beginning of the season and race testing it for reliability, and then improving it.

Instead of that, Ferrari and McLaren decided to test their cars for reliability on test tracks, not in-race. If McLaren had their new car out 4 or 5 races ago, they would have been faster than Williams for a few races, but now, its going to be very tight if Kimi is to win the championship.

I still think Ferrari have an ace up their sleeve that they will bring out in the next few races, but I hope that they dont dominate the rest of the season as it will be such an anti-climax.

smells
    Thanks
    if McLaren had brought out their MP4-18 4 or 5 races ago neither of their drivers would have been likely to have scored any points. As it is the MP4-18 is unlikely to ever race, but the MP4-19 will take many of its ideas and improve on them

Thanks
    It all comes down a competetive advantage or in anyone but Ferarris case, a need to gain speed.
    If the cars that McLAren were running were still on the track Kimi would be out of the running I think.
    Williams changes have been for the better and Renault have been VERY impressive with their improvement.

I agree the end of the season isn't the idea time to bring out a car with no race laps and unproven reliability but the teams obviously felt they needed some more speed and it wasn't their in the old cars, especially having a season on the cars already anyway they would know if their were anything left.
    Also the Ferarri chassis coming out had many of them scared as well. this probably prompted the modifications to the chassis in anticioation of the Ferarris picking up aother second, which didn't happen. Ferarris has been a bit behind the 8-ball because of this lately and Ferarri notcied and this prompted the team ralley that produced the win today.

I would bet money on the fact that they all have at least another revision or complete redesign that we don't know about in the works right now in preperation for next year.

If Renault finds some power I would be surprised if they werent fastest at the first race next season. Their chassis and launch control seem better than the rest. They just lack power.

Next year will be interesting, would like to see 3 or maybe even 4 (Toyota?) teams on equal playing field next year. Would make for great racing

Thanks
    McLaren can improve next year if Hakinen is coming back ..??

Registered+
    Thanks
    Originally posted by skly77
    McLaren can improve next year if Hakinen is coming back ..??
    You're joking right ?

Thanks
    Who knows.. Anyway, I think one of top 5 may change team next year.. Pablo Montoya could be the next McLaren driver..

Registered+
    Thanks
    Nope - not next year mate. All the top drivers' contracts have been renewed/still have time left on them.

I assure you Mika is not coming back

Thanks
    If there is opportunity, who will resist it.. Pablo needs more than William can give.. I think Ferrari suits him the most after Michael retires..

Spanked Member
    Thanks
    As already mentioned, the mods done to McLaren's last years car (which was at the back of the top most of the time last year) have been phenomenal - they've made it reasonably competitive against this years sortie of cars. We can only assume that the new McLaren will be devastating.

However, Ferrari have admitted this years car is not such a leap forward because the F2002 was almost perfect in every way that it was hard to improve upon it. Because this years car's not been up to itch and scratch, they've already got the idea for the next car which will sort everything out!

It'll be good!

Registered+
    Thanks
    McLaren changed so much that was practically a new car

Thread Information