Good Afternoon kind people,

Needed Please

About a month ago, I had my electric windows down, and after trying to use my cigarette lighter (this may have nothing to do with it) my electric windows wouldn't work, the led clock was realllly faint and the battery light came on, and stayed on whenever the car was running.

The windows were stuck down and it was raining so I took the car to my brother and he had a quick look and said that the fuse had blown, so he replaced it and it blew again, he put in a 30amp fuse just so he could shut the windows, but took it out again as said it could cause damage.

I amIve noticed that the led clock light is very faint and every now an then it brightens up, and when it does the windows will work, that has only happened 3 times in a month though and I use the car alot, then the led clock fades and the windows wont work.

The car has started perfectly for the past 3 weeks, then this morning I tried to start it, and the battery is as dead as a dodo. I have a compressor thing that normally charges a dead battery in about 3 minutes, and tried that and it wouldn't work either. I am at a total loss and have been made redundant so money is tight. I desperately need my car as I look after my Grandparents. My brother is good with engines and bodywork, and could maybe mend whats wrong with this if we could work out or have a rough idea what is actually wrong with it.

Thank you in advance.
Nikki