Thread: Things that make it all worth while...

Thanks

Things that make it all worth while...

I've had one of those days today and so I'm going to bore everyone here by sharing

Over the last couple of years I've been a bit skint and to be honest I've been neglecting my pride and joy, my Hornet has missed a few services and things that I should have got done ages ago had to be put aside for money reasons. Which has left me a bit dejected to say the least, I'd normally be having fun on the bike in weather like this but it's been too much of a worry, brakes need doing, and by putting more ware and tare on the bike I'd make things worse.

I used to have a garage and so normally at a weekend I'd have the bike in a garage for a bit of TLC, checking stuff and general looking after but not any more, no garage and to make things worse I now live right next to the coast and a few rust spots have started to appear. So she's beginning to look a bit worse for ware, so today I finally had some money to get a few things done and so dropped her off at the bike bloke to get the brakes both front and rear done (been riding around without any rear brakes for the last week ) and a new clutch cable because the old one had frayed, and a few other little things.
    The bill came back as £200 but was worth every penny because the clutch cable was so rough before I'm very surprised it hadn't snapped and now with the brakes done the tyres are moving a bit more freely, but more importantly I actually have back brakes again. But it was still £200 and I'm going to need another £250 for a full service and tune, a rear sprocket and double strength chain in a couple of weeks, so that put a little bit of a downer on it but at least I can go out for a bit of a blast on it now.

Then on the way home from work today I saw a guy pushing his motorbike along the road and so I stopped to see if he needed help because as a biker that’s what you do, people have stopped before for me (several times) but this is the first time I had the chance to repay the debt.
    It turns out he's only been riding a couple of weeks and had run out of petrol, something that happens to a lot of us riders because most bikes don’t have fuel gauges, so I got him to park up his bike and gave him a lift to and back from the petrol station on the back of my bike.
    Que one new biker happy because the nearest garage was well over a mile away and he's learned what a great community he's got into by just riding a bike, because I was one of three people that stop in the space of 5 mins one guy even had a puncture repair kit on him .
    Que me happy because I final got a chance to help somebody else, with the bike fixed I can now ride for fun again and I've remembered why I enjoy biking so much.

Oh and the bike is deffinatly a she, only a woman could cost that much money and trouble , and I deffinatly an't riding a man around .

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Hanns G, 19" Hyundai L90D+
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    Nice one
    Tough on mirrors, tough on the causes of mirrors.

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    wicked stuff m8ty

i went down the beach on sunday... there was easily about 150 bikers all parked up at the ice cream palour.... bunch of girls. lol the hot weather brings all the bikers out. I need to get my air con sorted in my car.... i cant be driving around all summer with no air con...

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by XTR
    wicked stuff m8ty

i went down the beach on sunday... there was easily about 150 bikers all parked up at the ice cream palour.... bunch of girls. lol the hot weather brings all the bikers out. I need to get my air con sorted in my car.... i cant be driving around all summer with no air con...
    wind down your windows free cooling horse it around the 60 - 90 mark and you will get enough of a breeze to cool you

Thread Information