Thread: Schuy

Thanks

Schuy

With only needing 1 point to win a record 6th world championship, is he the greatest F1 driver of all time?

Thanks
    Hard to say that. You'd have to put him back in Senna and Prost's hey day along with Fangio and the others to make that statement. Things are different now and who's to say he would have excelled as much in their times. I would say he's the best of the past decade, no doubt about that. You gotta consider the teams as well.

Thanks
    have to agree with Rocketman i dont think he is as good as the Senna but he is one of the best ( defo the best these days )

Thanks
    If you think about it and watch some old films on Fangio and some of the old school guys it's pretty damn amazing what they did. I don't think Shuey would have the balls to do what some of those guys did and those guys thought it was all in fun too. The cars they drive now would probably make them laugh- traction control and all that would have been something for shear wimps back in those days. Back then it WAS all about the driver and his ability to finesse or manhandle the car, whatever was required of him because the car was only capable of so much.

Check out these stats-

Fangio

almost a 50% win rate

Michael would REALLY be disliked if he won that much
    Last edited by RocketmanX; 30-09-2003 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks
    He is good, but imo he has damaged his reputation after 'accidents' at the end of the season like the one with damon hill. He is skillfull, but he can't always take losing.

^-- I'm with stupid --^
    Thanks
    In my opinion you have to take every great race driver as what hes done in his 'era.' Wheras Senna maybe more driver orientated kind of star, Schumacher is the master of driving the car to 'technical' limits. He is a very good driver without doubt, but his actual attitude towards what the car can do is very important.

I don't think we should exclude someone like Mika Hakinnen either. Although he is a more recent great, he beat Schumacher hands down twice! And whos to say he couldn't have done more had he not retired.
    tom@meangasoline.co.uk | RIP Zoltan

Canon 350d | 50 F/1.8 Mk II | 70-200 F/4 L | 1Gb Sandisk Ultra III

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Damon Hill was better. But Fangio was one of the (if not the) best.....

misterious and scary
    Thanks
    well as senna died schuy was up and coming some people say thats why senna crashed cause he was trying to hard cause of him

I think being agressive and trying to bend the rules to win makes the difference between a good driver and a amazing driver, because it shows how much they want to win, and people who want to win that bad always seem to do well, although its bad it shows winning is all they care bout

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Thread Information