Thread: Colin Mcrae 2004 season

Thanks

Colin Mcrae 2004 season

hi

does any know if Colin Mcrae has a drive for next season or is he now retired?????????????

Thanks
    • jon bda's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Kingston HyperX
      • Storage:
      • 250gb (Boot) 4x 500gb (Storage)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS HD5770 1gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1010
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 204BW
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet ADSL
    TWENTY-FOUR hours after announcing to the world that he is going to take a sabbatical from the World Rally Championship in 2004, Colin McRae has promised his millions of fans that he will do everything in his power to win this week’s Rally GB.

There are people around who have been saying I’m past it, but they just don’t know what they’re talking about
    Colin McRae

"There’s nothing I would like more than to go out with a bang and that means winning Rally GB," the 35-year-old multi-millionaire from Lanark said today as he prepared to start the recce for the four-day event which starts in Cardiff on Thursday before heading into the dank Welsh forests.

"It’s six years since I won my home event and that’s far too long. I’ve got to admit that it’s never been my favourite event on the calendar because of the conditions, but it is my home event and everyone loves to win in front of their home fans. I’m no different."

And McRae, whose best finish this year was ironically in his first rally for new employer Citroen back in Monte Carlo in January when he finished second behind team-mate Sebastien Loeb, is fired up for the GB challenge.

"I don’t want to leave the sport on a negative note," the former world champ continued. "I know there are people around who have been saying I’m past it, but they just don’t know what they’re talking about.

"This year has been very difficult for one reason or another and to be honest, even after 13 rallies in the Citroen, I’ve never managed to feel fully at ease with the car. I haven’t managed to get the transmission working the way I want and of course that has led to doubts in my mind about the handling.

"That in turn has meant I’ve had to drop some of my pace to make sure we’ve got to the end of the rallies."

McRae goes into the season’s finale a distant seventh in the title race well behind team-mates Loeb and Spaniard Carlos Sainz who are tied for the championship just one point ahead of the Subaru of Norwegian Petter Solberg.

And with arch-rival Richard Burns, co-driven by Perth’s Robert Reid, five points off the lead in his Peugeot, McRae is confident it will be a Citroen driver who lifts the championship. Both Sebastien and Carlos have proved they can win rallies in the Citroen this year," he continued, "and I don’t see why either of them can’t win the championship in Wales, as long as they finish behind me in the actual event.

"Carlos has proved his abilities on loose surfaces over many years and Sebastien has been getting better and better all season on gravel.

"It would be fantastic for Citroen to lift the world championship in its first full year competing in the series and if I can end the year with my first win for the team, then that would give everyone a great excuse for one hell of a party."

Thanks
    hi

oh well after reading that either you are well informed or i have been out of touch on what has been happening
    probably me being out of touch as i work at sea where no papers or tv for days weeks some times

anyway cheers for the update and lets hope he gets a drive for the 2005 season as the rally is not going to be the same with out him

Thanks
    nissan have signed him up for the paris dakkar iirc

Thanks
    hi

something on radio about he might get the Subaru

has anyone heard anything about it

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    My personal feelings are that......and dont quote me ....

COlin will go to the US and do some Oval racing

Seriously...its a thought.

AND GOOD LUCK TO HIM TODAY ONWARD

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • jon bda's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Kingston HyperX
      • Storage:
      • 250gb (Boot) 4x 500gb (Storage)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS HD5770 1gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1010
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 204BW
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet ADSL

Smile

Originally posted by bigal13
    hi

something on radio about he might get the Subaru

has anyone heard anything about it
    Theres a rumour that he might get the Subaru drive in place of Burnsie if whatever caused him to blackout leaves him unable to drive next year...

Thread Information