Thread: opinions on a megane?

Thanks

opinions on a megane?

this one
    what are you opinions on it. my dads mates selling one for £6000. its a 52 plate and its only got 5000 mile on the clock. is it wortrh it or shall i get another car in the same price range

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    So its a coupe.... same as mine.. The one pictured above is a phase1, (different grill). If its a 52 plate its a phase2. Nice price, for a nice car.

Here's a few pictures of mine. I spent £7000 on mine about 5 months ago, but i went for a top of the range model, Monaco. It's got full leather interior, electric front, rear, sunroof, mirrors, A/C, ABS, etc....

http://www.xtr.me.uk/gallery/megane

edit: you might wanna check some insurance quotes first..... im 21, been driving 5 years with no accidents, 0 NCD and my premium was just shy of a £1000 for the 1.6 16v,, 110bhp. I got quoted £1400 for the 2.0 16v (which has 150bhp).
    Last edited by XTR; 08-11-2003 at 02:46 PM.

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    i woulda payed the extra 400 craig

Thanks
    Originally posted by XTR
    So its a coupe.... same as mine.. The one pictured above is a phase1, (different grill). If its a 52 plate its a phase2. Nice price, for a nice car.

Here's a few pictures of mine. I spent £7000 on mine about 5 months ago, but i went for a top of the range model, Monaco. It's got full leather interior, electric front, rear, sunroof, mirrors, A/C, ABS, etc....

http://www.xtr.me.uk/gallery/megane

edit: you might wanna check some insurance quotes first..... im 21, been driving 5 years with no accidents, 0 NCD and my premium was just shy of a £1000 for the 1.6 16v,, 110bhp. I got quoted £1400 for the 2.0 16v (which has 150bhp).
    how is the car to drive? does it handle and corner well?

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID
    They handle pretty well and have some nice little features in them like the windscreen wipers automatically setting to timed wipe when you stop the car when they're set on normal wipe.. just little things like that.

Build quality is good (especially so for a French car) and they're nice and reliable, no huge problems with them.

Thanks
    i'm confused on the ocuk board everyone is saying stay clear and on here they say to get it

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Originally posted by s4ch117
    i'm confused on the ocuk board everyone is saying stay clear and on here they say to get it

yeh but if Spie said they were great, they would all follow suit....

They are great cars.. Handle really well... stay clear of the 8v engines... from my 1.6 16v engine it does about 0-60 in around 9.x seconds and tops out at 135ish... (doubt its accurate but thats what the speedo said).

Nice little forum dedicated to them over @ http://www.coupe-club.co.uk/phpbb/

Some interesting stories.

EDIT: btw... ive just read the ocuk thread and someone mentioned not to get one if you are tall/big. We'll im 6'3" and have no problems at all driving the car. The Passenger's on the other hand, well..... they have to drop the backseats and sit backwards with their feet into the bootspace.

Hehe.. no really... space for passengers is limited when im driving, but i managed to drive from newcastle to manchester and back last friday with no problems at all with 4 adult passengers. Yeh my knee's were slighting under my chin but i managed no problems. Don't consider getting one if you want to taxi people around. I was selfish when i bought my car and thought about ME and only ME!!! Well it was MY first car and it was only for ME!!!! Plenty time in my life to consider "family" car's such as the Astra and Focus.
    Last edited by XTR; 09-11-2003 at 03:08 AM.

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    i'd say you'll be paying a packet for insurance cos it looks like its been modded to hell :|
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    Originally posted by 5lab
    i'd say you'll be paying a packet for insurance cos it looks like its been modded to hell :|
    thats not the one thats on offer i'm just showin the picture to show the shape

Thread Information