Thread: Vaux Customer Service - Update

Thanks

Vaux Customer Service - Update

Not sure when I last posted about this but....

Dropped my car off at dealers back in October for a rear clam replacement (VX220, like the elise has 2 main body parts like clam shells, front and rear).

It is nearly 5yrs old, yet Vauxhall were happy to treat it as a warranty claim even tho the car has a 3yr warranty.

So, I handed over the VX220 and got a Vectra VXR 2.8 V6 Turbo with only 4,700miles on the clock.

I've now done 5,500miles in the VXR since getting it (saving miles on my other car remember so thats good). Still only averaged 25mpg tho and thast with mostly motorway work. They are also paying for the extra insurance I have to pay to add it to my policy (£200 so far). I've got the VXR until my car is returned, and as I am away at Xmas it will be at least until the new year even if my VX220 is ready soon.

Anyway, the rear clam was replaced and as part of that they replaced the exhaust heat shield, which although not faulty had been bent at some time in it's previous life. So that was a good start.

Then they put the car back together and then "go through it with a fine tooth comb looking for things to fix" according to the customer service dept.

I've just had an update and they are currently waiting on 2 new seats, bearing in mind they are £750 EACH!!! Apparently, one squeaked and the other rattled!! Who am I to complain tho

They've also replaced both rear alloy wheels as they were potentially involved in a recall (although they've always claimed it was only the silver wheels, my car is a Ltd Ed with black wheels etc).

It has also had numerous rubber seals replaced becuase some had worn/perished/changed shape etc.

So this little warranty exercise is currently costing them a fortune, but if I get my car back good as new I'll be well chuffed.

Now I'm certain that this kind of customer care wouldn't be recieved by your average corsa owner, but as a PR exercise, it's certainly impressing me!

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Damn good service, most places wouldn't even done the original work, let alone all the extras.

I guess they like to look after people who buy the top end end cars.

Thanks
    Shame my local vaux garage aint as good, I do all my own work now cos if they cant do something as simple as changing brake disks/pads properly then they can jump if they think there getting close to the Tubbies...

Thanks
    That is truely astonishing service - I would expect it from Ferrari or Aston Martin, but from Vauxhall?!

But will any of this make you quicker on the track
    Simon

Thanks
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't trust the dealers....

This work is being carried out at the Vauxhall Technical Centre in Luton, ie Vauxhall UK, not a average joe's stealers.

Thanks
    Ahhhh, wonder what they'd say if I took the Cavs down n told them to sort em out

Thread Information