• Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Fixing playbook 3001 error

Just thought I'd drop a note of my playbook experience in here in case it helps anyone else.

Got a playbook late last year (part of a competition prize) and when trying to register it got the dread "could not register this tablet (error 3001)" message. Did lots of googling to find out this was a not.uncommon error and was difficult to.resolve, and sure enough I struggled to resolve it.

This morning, I was getting ready to contact the competition organisers and return the tablet, and decided to have one last go at fixing it. Did a spot more googling and found a UK based user who'd had the same problem at christmas and had successfully sorted it by doing a hard reset with the pb attached to his PC running blackberry desktop.

Now, I'm sure I tried that before christmas, but figured I may as well give it another go. I was pretty shocked when ut actually worked! So here's the instructions for anyone who's having this problem:

install the blackberry desktop software on your pc.
    connect your playbook t your pc, and make sure it's recognised by he software (if you're having this problem it'll probably pop up a message about the tablet not being registered and completing setup; ignore this ).
    Turn off the tablet.
    Hold down the volume up key, then hold down the power key. Keep holding down both. After a few seconds blackberry desktop (on your pc) should pop ip a dialog box with several options, one of which is "update". Click "update".
    Your playbook should now update then reboot into a factory reset state, and you can step through and complete the registration process

I know that sounds like a lot of faff, I reckon it's well worth it. Only been using mine a few hours, but I'm very impressed. Lovely piece of kit

2. Received thanks from:

pp05 (25-02-2012)

Thanks

Re: Fixing playbook 3001 error

I am now sick of activating my platbook. I have googled a hundred time and I have tried every possible way; still it doesnt happen. Please help me out.

Thread Information