Thread: Corsair Obsidian 900D Lower door issue + Customer Support Fail

Thanks

Corsair Obsidian 900D Lower door issue + Customer Support Fail

I purchased a 900D in the beginning of the year, while it has been a while i have still yet to use it as i was forced to shelve the project for a few reason ( family work and financial) .. anyway i let corsair know if the issue 2 months after i purchased the case and since then didnt peruse the problem.

now its been 8 mths since purchase and able to finally start again building the pc but i am having issues with the lower doors opening not to mention the side panel with the window being bent.
    I read some of the recommendation here and tried re bending the hinge but to no avail these are just temporary fixed and a few days later it flaps open like is sliding on a Teflon coated slate..
    i tried to get the retailer here to help... not our problem call corsair...
    tried getting the local distributor to help .. nop not our issue been to long
    tired even ordering the parts from corsair website .. WILL NOT SHIP to my location

tried getting help by submitting a ticked .. and here is the response i got

Created By: XXXXX (9/8/2016 4:24 AM)
    after reading your comments a had to check the calendar to see if it is April 1st...
    surely you can not be serious ???
    all you see is the panel laying on the ground?? maybe because the hinge mechanism will not main the panel in the closed position??? and may be look at the side panel which has the acrylic window... surely you can see the bump like a camels hump in the picture...
    despite what you are saying the case is still under legal warranty and request support regarding as such ... i will be logging this ticket and sending a formal complaint to Corsair alog with the reposes have received....
    Created By: XXXXX (9/8/2016 4:23 AM)
    after reading your comments a had to check the calendar to see if it is April 1st...
    surely you can be serious ???
    all you see is the panel laying on the ground?? maybe because the hinge mechanism will not main the panel in the closed position??? and may be look at the side panel which has the acrylic window... surely you can see the bump like a camels hump in the picture...
    despite what you are saying the case is still under legal warranty and request support regarding as such ... i will be logging this ticket and sending a formal complaint to Corsair along with the reposes have received....
    Created By: Arturo TS (9/7/2016 9:57 AM)
    All that is seen on the first image is the lower panel laying on the ground, but no issues are shown.

Again, we cannot proceed with help as it stands.
    Created By:XXXX (9/7/2016 7:21 AM)
    if you look at the original post attachment - IMG_0361.JPG (2.02MB) 4/3/2016 11:05 AM this was the original case when i tool it out of the box and subsequent pictures are of the same case taken at the same period ( look at the picture information within the file). i had to take a break for personal reasons and family issue ( death in the family) and work commitments hence why i was delayed.

yes you are right after all these months ... however there are consumer laws that require products to have a guarantee period usually 12-24 month on new purchases.... unfortunately you are right in saying all these months, but excuse me for being frank it does not absolve the manufactures duty of care to in dealing with faulty products ...
    if you do a simple research on the internet you will literally see internet flooded with the same inherit flaw in the product itself with plenty of examples from consumers.

i am NOT asking for a replacement case all i am asking is for replacement parts that were not fit for the purpose. unfortunately i can not buy the products here in turkey nor CAN I ORDER THE PRODUCTS FROM CORSAIR simply BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SHIP TO TURKEY, were i am currently working.... So what do i do .... ??????

its unfortunate that i see you commenting on behalf of corsair, who i deeply believe a consumer orientated organisation literally saying its not our issue and look elsewhere for a solution when the PRODUCT IS Still Bonded to a consumer guarantee period..
    Created By: Arturo TS (9/7/2016 7:07 AM)
    Unfortunately, there's not much we can do after all these months as we cannot confirm the case was received like this, much less from an authorised retailer.

Our website does have the parts you would need replacement for, however.
    Created By: XXXXX (9/7/2016 6:20 AM)
    further note as you can see in IMG_0363.JPG event he side panel with the acrylic windows was bent/ deformed upon arrival....

if a good case and i love the design of it but trying to get technical support is a night mare here and even if i wanted to purchase the parts to save time and paperwork the only supplier left here in turkey do not sell or distribute spare...
    the wholesalers, Digital trend, went bankrupt who was a major supplier in corsair products and now the only wholesaler, Vektron in the country i work and reside in at the moment and they informed me that they didn't supply the case to the retailer hence can not offer any support...

Created By: XXXX (9/7/2016 6:15 AM)
    sorry i took so long in replying .. i had to shelve the obsidian 900D project due to family issues and just came around to starting it again.

as you can see from the picture the lower doors remain open .. i tried to bend the hinges but this is a temporary fix beside the door panels are very flimsy and consequently are bend and deformed from the delivery.. as mentioned from my previous post, the retailer kind of washed there hands of the matter and avoid dealing with me by directing me to Corsair for assistance....

what i need is pair of lower doors and magnets the keep the door closed...
    Created By: XXXXX. (4/4/2016 3:29 PM)
    Please provide the following in the Attachment section below for reference. Thank you:

- photo/screenshot/PDF of your original purchase invoice
    - clear picture of the lot code
    Now from what i understand ....
    1.Corsair does not want to honour the warranty off their product
    2. received a damaged case though i didn't peruse it and can accept minor hassles... but paying premium for a product does not necessarily mean you will get customer service let alone premium care..
    3. Tech support making giving ridiculous remarks saying we can not help even though its a known issue ( lower side door)
    4. one (especially me) might have to think many times over in purchasing Corsair air products based on the quality of support to be expected

i am saddened not only the fact the product i bought had minor issue which can easily be resolved but more than anything upset at the response Corsair's representative has given me. I reminded that the CASE IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY but they chose to dissolve that matter and left me to wonder my options ... which is the place the case in the trash not because i can not use it but rather that quality of support and the reply corsair has given me. I truly believed Corsair was a Consumer centric organisation valuing its customers but this experience has shown me otherwise....

can anyone else provide some direction ???

Thanks

Re: Corsair Obsidian 900D Lower door issue + Customer Support Fail

Just and update ... i submitted another support ticket 6821324 : Product Warranty and Support Complaint at 9/8/2016 4:42 AM the same support staff member automatically closed the ticket... i guess they dont like objective feedback on the way they treat customer inquiries??
    is this normal for Corsair???

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Corsair Obsidian 900D Lower door issue + Customer Support Fail

tried submitting another ticket explaining the poor treatment of support staff towards consumer issues ... they just closed the ticket??
    tired using online chat .. transcript below

Harris C (08/09/2016, 20:51:53): Thank you for contacting Corsair Live Support. How may we assist you today?
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:52:18): Hello Harris
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:53:12): firstly sorry to burden you with my issues i am upset frustrated about an issue i am having with a Corsair obsidian series case, the 900D
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:53:49): the worst is the feedback a reply i got regarding a support ticket request
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:54:18): you there?
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 20:54:22): what is the ticket number?
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:54:43): first submitted ticket 6760953 it explains the issue i am having
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:54:59): its the lower side door panel will nto remain closes
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:55:42): the product is still under warranty it has not been 9 months since i purchased buthavent been able to start my project untill now
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:55:54): i got a reply sorry we can not help
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 20:56:15): Looks like there is not much we can do im sorry sir
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:56:26): i tried explain the situation even though the product is still warranty
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:56:33): how could you not help ?
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 20:56:34): "Unfortunately, there's not much we can do after all these months as we cannot confirm the case was received like this, much less from an authorized retailer.

Our website does have the parts you would need replacement for, however."
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:57:12): please sir can you read .....the ticket in its entirety .. corsair does not ship to turkey
    Me (08/09/2016, 20:57:39): your product is still under Legal warranty
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 20:57:55): Let me ask
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 21:00:39): Sorry sir
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 21:00:41): Again, we cannot proceed with help as it stands.
    Me (08/09/2016, 21:01:37): for what basis are you making this decision ?
    Me (08/09/2016, 21:02:28): let me say i find it totally unacceptable , especially for a organisation like corsair to treat a consumer who is having difficulty with the product with contempt and i plan to write an official letter of complaint, and express my experience on social media .... i opened ticket number 6821324 to express my frustration.. and the same person just closed the ticket
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 21:04:06): Its what the support agent said on your ticket
    Harris C (08/09/2016, 21:04:17): and they are telling me the same thing now
    Me (08/09/2016, 21:04:30): yes hence why i am writing this now
    Me (08/09/2016, 21:04:47): how can you not provide support for a product still under warranty ????
    is it me or are the agents just dont want to deal with anybody??

Thread Information