Thread: Antec 1100

Registered+
    Thanks

Antec 1100

Putting together a new build, I want nice cable management and decent airflow I will be using it with the corsair H100i, has anyone used this case yet, if so how is it?

Thanks
    • Samwood's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • 3770k @ 4.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dominator @ 1800Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Samsung 830 + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200.12
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD 6950
      • PSU:
      • XFX Pro 450W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" Asus PA238Q + 22" LG Flatron

Re: Antec 1100

Havent used it. But this guys reviews are generally very good & reliable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY5LeGb9b_A
    Desktop: P8Z77-V -l- i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz -l- Hyper212 EVO -l- 8GB Corsair Dominator -l- XFX HD6950 2GB -l- 128GB Samsung 830 -l- 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200.12 -l- Corsair Carbide 300R -l- XFX Pro 450W -l- Gigabyte M6800 -l- Microsoft Keyboard -l- Windows 8
    Laptop: HP Pavillion DV-3 4050 -l- i5-M450 -l- 4GB -l- 500GB Hitachi TravelStar -l- Windows 7
    Audio: Denon M38DAB -l- Mission MX1 -l- QED Reference Inter-connectors -l- Creative Megaworks THX 5.1 550
    Headphones: AKG K450
    TVs/Monitors: Asus PA238Q -l- LG 22" Flatron -l- Philips 27" LCD

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Sorry but he's a bit brand biased, glossing over some of the minor issues on some brands (antec is one) and highlighting minor issues on other brands.
    Saying it share some features with the p280 is rubbish, it shares 90% of them because it's the same internal frame, it's just different side panels and front bezel and the 2x120 top mount is replaced with a 200mm top fan.

That said it's a solid case, it was a bit over priced when it originally came out (around £100-110ish) it's better value now. (same goes for the p280)
    He's skipped over some basic points like the big side vents in the bezel are behind the filter which is only directly behind the mesh front, there's no filters on the side panels (ok that's something that gets skipped by most case manufactures, but it's something that's been lacking for a while and we are starting to see occur now)
    The next point he overlooks is that fan mounting, esp on the side panel, the point of having grommets on the screw holes is to dampen any vibration from the fan passing into the panel/frame but having two of the point being a raised button means you're getting direct contact which makes the grommets pointless.
    The thumb screws used on the side panels are the long screw in a plastic head type not the solid metal type, yes that's a really really minor thing, generally seen more on cheap cases, but he's commented on that before (on one of the cheap model NZXT cases if I remember correctly) yet this is far more expensive and he glosses over it. (this is more bias than any serious issue, they work fine, I would just expect better on a case of this cost)
    The rail hard drive mounting system, while a nice improved tweeking of something that already existed, it still suffers the main issues of these, in that vibration damping isn't that good (more of an issue for the p280 as that's more of a silenced case) generally it's ok as long as you have a hard drive that doesn't vibrate too much.

The biggest issue for you would be mounting an H100i in it. The top only have mounts for a 200mm fan, not for 2x120mm, the only easy option is to mount the radiator onto the side of the drive cage.
    see this build http://www.overclock.net/t/1293864/w...ing-antec-1100 you might be able to put it on the side panel but that would make get the panel off a bit tricky.

Thanks
    • staggeredsix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Extreme 4 990fx
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8120
      • Memory:
      • 16Gig DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • A lot.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 6850 Eng. Samples
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 700
      • Case:
      • Antec 1100
      • Operating System:
      • 8 Pro 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC e2243Fwk 3x1
      • Internet:
      • 24/1

I joined just to answer your question. I bought an 1100 early - which was good and bad. The case is not made for a water loop. They had been toying with a 200mm radiator on the top of the case, which is in fact sold as a 200mm radiator for the 1200. Unfortunately the static pressure of a fan that large is too low to warrant it. They sell these radiators for cheap tho! Anyway, back to your question. A radiator that large won't fit the 1100 without some compromises. Mounting behind the HDD cage will choke potential airflow. I had an oldschool corsair h50 that I attempted to mount in this position, maybe it's because I have every HDD bay full, but there was a huge inefficiency by mounting in that area. I ended up building a water loop with a super thick Phobya radiator. The potential for a water loop in this case is sort of a joke, without heavy modification to it. The only place you would be able to mount a radiator would be on the top, though you would have to replace that panel. The 200mm fan is a giant piece of crap. They did a horrific job engineering the "Big Boy" in that it is unsupported and the blades hang from the motor. Paired with the poor balancing and cheap construction - you are going to want to think about replacing that right off the get go.

The case is actually very nice, after a year of ownership I'm outgrowing it. I currently have a full loop with both GPUs under water. I'm either going to have to replace the case or do some fabrication to mount a 2x120mm radiator on top. If you are looking for a sealed CPU only loop, then find one with a 120mm radiator. Otherwise build custom and hope you dont exceed your thermal dissipation limits.

Thread Information