Thread: UV Dye and UV lights but no glow?

Thanks

UV Dye and UV lights but no glow?

I have just finished putting my water cooling kit together. Temps are okay 36 deg C for my Barton 2500 CPU and 29 deg C for the Case.

The only problem I seem to have is making the water glow. I have 2x 12 inch UV lights that give off a purple glow and have added a few drops of deep blue UV dye to the water,but nothing seems to glow. I have tried filling a bottle with water and adding a drop at a time whilst the bottle is stood next to the lights, but nothing is happening. Whats going wrong? Do you think the dye is duff? or maybe the lights are pants? Please help
    System Specs - OCZ Modstream 520W, P5B Deluxe, 4Gb OCZ 6400, E6600@ 3.6Ghz, Audigy sound card, XFX 8800GTS XXX 640mb graphics card.

Thanks
    If you are using Tygon or similar high quality tubing, it's resistant to UV although normally it's a question of not enough UV light. Try it in a dark room with the liquid in a glass bottle.

Thanks
    If you are using Tygon or similar high quality tubing, it's resistant to UV although normally it's a question of not enough UV light. Try it in a dark room with the liquid in a glass bottle.

Thanks
    I am using DD tubing, is this okay?
    System Specs - OCZ Modstream 520W, P5B Deluxe, 4Gb OCZ 6400, E6600@ 3.6Ghz, Audigy sound card, XFX 8800GTS XXX 640mb graphics card.

Thanks
    I use the same stuff myself, but I don't have any dye. Test it in a dark room with a glass bottle to see how much dye and light is needed to iluminate it. The you will know if the tubing is having an effect.

back to da old skool trak
    Thanks
    I used a lot of dye in my setup to get it to glow, about 60ml. Am using silicon tubing tho.

Thread Information