• Fractal Design Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" Dell UltraSharp U2311H
      • Internet:
      • 50Mb Virgin Media Cable Broadband

PS Vita Pre-Order

I've been looking at getting one of these, in fact I have fancied one for a while and I am most likely going to put an order in today. I though I'd share the best offers I can find so far, mostly courtesy of HUKD.

PS Vita WiFi

Sony PS Vita Pre-Order Wi-Fi Plus Pre-Order Pack - £199.99 (zavvi eBay outlet)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...d=317035264001

PlayStation Vita Console - Wi-Fi (With Free 8GB Memory Card + Pre-Order Pack) - £212.99
    http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/288...P36=WFQRDG&awc

PlayStation Vita Console Bundle + Uncharted: Golden Abyss + 8GB Memory Card - Wi-Fi (With Pre-Order Pack) - £242.99
    http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/287...tml?P36=WFQRUV

Not too sure about this one, it seems to be instore only: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps-v...nstore-1138486

Thanks
    • DannyM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-2400
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 - PC-12800
      • Storage:
      • 120GB A-Data SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB Nvidia ASUS 560Ti DirectuII
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 620W HX Modular PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" Dell UltraSharp U2311H
      • Internet:
      • 50Mb Virgin Media Cable Broadband

Re: PS Vita Pre-Order

So I ended up picking one of these up. I got it for £200 with an 8GB memory card.

First impressions are good, the hardware feels well designed, the weight is nice and it fits comfortably into my hands. The analogue sticks are just about perfect, however, they do feel a tad flimsy.

The screen is fantastic, I do think it is a bit on the big side for been a portable device, however, I can't see this been a pocket device, so it should suit man just fine.

The software on the device doesn't look polished, the functionality is there but the UI seems like it need a lot of TLC. I'm also a bit dissapointed on the games front too, but I imagine this will improve fairly quickly (looking forward to Unit 13). The price of games are not too bad either, it can be a bit hard to swallow not having a larger assortment of games to draw comparisons to, so for now the current set of titles are the only benchmark with this in mind, it's not easy to judge just what expensive is on the PS Vita.

The big question for most is, is it worth £200?

And my personal opinion is no, however that is not to say I don't like it, because I am very happy with it, the hardware on offer it is great and the gaming on the device is fun and that's what it's all about. I just feel as though it is lacking on the software/games side of things. I would of liked some of Sony's exclusives or at least ex-PS exclusives to have made it to the PS Vita on launch.

A quick game recommendation is Motorstorm RC, it's tonnes of fun and only £5 on PSN.

Oh and before I sign out, I've got to say FIFA was a let down for me, it didn't feel like FIFA for the Xbox or PS3.

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable

Re: PS Vita Pre-Order

Must admit I was close to grabbing a Vita but as you say the price soon racks up and I just couldn't justify it. Recently bought a 3DS with a few games and circle pad pro for under £180 all in new. The Vita I will wait until it hits around £150 and consider it again.

Played a few demo unit's and also a friends who got it on release and its a great handheld. The menu's/screens though are badly designed, especially as you don't seem to be able to change the order of icons or move them to screens out the way etc. Other than that, it will probably all be patched out over the next few months.

Thread Information