Thread: Xbox live connection issue!

Thanks

Xbox live connection issue!

So last night I booted my xbox 360 and put a disk for a film in, and then turned it off as was going to watch it later. Few hours later I turned my xbxo back on and for some reason was told that I could not be connected to xbox live. So turned it off and back on again, but same thing happened again. So I then did the connection test and all was ok, and then then to sing into xbox live and it signed in ok. I then turned the xbox on and off a few times to check ti was ok, and it signed in ok every time. I then watch a few things from bbc iplayer on it, and there was no problem with the streaming.

Just now I turned my xbox on and get the same issue I had last night, and again did the test and connected ok. Now i'm sure it is nothing to do with my internet connection, as I was still able to access website and watch videos etc. So no point in turning the modem or router off and on again, as everything else is ok and working. I did find this forum thread from the xbox site from april last year http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x.../t/241532.aspx

As you see people did do the whole router thing ect and still the problem existed.

I'm on VM 20mb line, has anyone else had this issue?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Xbox live connection issue!

I consistently had the same issue with my Xbox 360 so I gave up on it after even trying a newer Slim model. I think they just have very poor wireless capabilities. My only working solution was tethering it to my mobile phone in the same room which was good for videos but the latency was bad for gaming. In the end I sold my xbox and just concentrated on my PC. It's disappointing but most people that I know have wireless issues with the 360.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by graemeakerby View Post
    I consistently had the same issue with my Xbox 360 so I gave up on it after even trying a newer Slim model. I think they just have very poor wireless capabilities. My only working solution was tethering it to my mobile phone in the same room which was good for videos but the latency was bad for gaming. In the end I sold my xbox and just concentrated on my PC. It's disappointing but most people that I know have wireless issues with the 360.
    My xbox is connected to a switch so wireless issue are not the problem, but it happened for maybe a day and now its ok. Must have been either VM or microsoft issue.

Thanks
    • Ptkgreg's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z77A-G45 Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 3700k
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 3TB Seagate HDD, 128GB Crucial M4 and 2x1TB Samsung Portable External HDD's.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x AMD Gigabyte Radeon 3GB 7970 OC'd
      • PSU:
      • Antec 750W
      • Case:
      • NXZT Phantom 410 Mid
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 64-bit

Nice to see the problem has been resolved for now at least, I have had and still have terrible problems with connectivity when using my Xbox. There are times when I can't connect, times when It'll randomly disconnect and freeze my Xbox or times when it just goes really slow.

It's probably just the Live servers being temperamental, or maybe even your connection, who knows, you're not the only one who has problems though. If there is problems with XBL, you can always check here and it should notify you of anything - http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Thread Information