Thread: Is it possible to tell if an IOS device has been jailbroken if it" broke "afterwards?

Banned
    Thanks

Is it possible to tell if an IOS device has been jailbroken if it" broke "afterwards?

In the US apparently they cover jail broken items for Apple , but not so here , so it got me wondering what would happen if your device ( say ipad 1 / ipod gen 3/4 ) happened to have accident after , is there any way to tell i.e. if it was dropped in water / smashed up badly ? :O

m

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Is it possible to tell if an IOS device has been jailbroken if it" broke "afterwa

If they can access the device memory I would imagine they have diagnostic tests/equipment to check for what software was running on the device.

Whether they would do that is another matter altogether, as that costs time and money so paying someone to detect if a device has been jailbroken during a warranty return makes no economic sense.

But hey its Apple so maybe they do check !?

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Is it possible to tell if an IOS device has been jailbroken if it" broke "afterwa

Quote Originally Posted by Tartanpimpernel View Post
    If they can access the device memory I would imagine they have diagnostic tests/equipment to check for what software was running on the device.

Whether they would do that is another matter altogether, as that costs time and money so paying someone to detect if a device has been jailbroken during a warranty return makes no economic sense.

But hey its Apple so maybe they do check !?
    Sorry, I forgot to mention this is Squaretrade - whom are just about on almost everything now for ebay.

I really dont get it, they told me over the phone no , but this says yes ??

m
    Last edited by melon; 20-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.

blueball

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention this is Squaretrade - whom are just about on almost everything now for ebay.

I really dont get it, they told me over the phone no , but this says yes ??

m
    But did you take out your cover before they introduced this deal. I would imagine that there may be an increment in cost to cover this?

Thanks

They can tell if as mentioned they can access the memory but I'd assume procedure for a damaged unit would be repair and wipe or they probably sell them on to another company for refurbishment.

That said if your cover says yes then they don't have much to say unless the jailbreak broke the screen...

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

What if the port was damaged? I lost an old HTC due to sitting on it & the charger snapped the internal port off the board.

Phone worked fine, but wouldn't charge, it was heart breaking trying to get everything off the phone (via mem card) whilst the battery dropped!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    But did you take out your cover before they introduced this deal. I would imagine that there may be an increment in cost to cover this?
    No I dont actually have anything , I was just thinking about it - or rather had wild moment where I regressed into my childhood ego , and all because I was desperate to play that bloody crow game thats looks all so pretty...

The actual gameplay and the problem of how id play it ( given i prob cant use a keyboard with it ) sort of deterred me - long sigh

m

Registered+
    Thanks

I can recommend this place - www.fonefunshop.co.uk/

They've been great over the years with any software/hardware problems on phone/tablets I've had.

They might be able to answer some of the questions you had ?
    Last edited by Tartanpimpernel; 24-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Thread Information