• Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

in-ear wireless headphones

Hi All,

Long story short, I am in the market for a new pair of headphones..after dropping my trustly sennheisers into my tea yesterday (oops). They still work but there is now zero bass..its like wearing a more comfortable set of Apple earpods..eww.

So this time around I am looking at getting a wireless pair, as they seem to have finally reached a reasonable price/quality balance to make it worth the investment.

Budget is up to around £100, and I am by no means an audiophile - but I do appreciate headphones with a good range and a respectable amount of bass. They will be for listening to music - mostly rock/metal type stuff.

They must be true in-ear headphones (so again, NOT like the Apple headphones I am using in the meantime) that actually sit in you ear..I really hate "external" can type headphones or the halfway house ones..I just don't get on with them at all from a comfort perspective, and I think they tend to look a bit silly.

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm looking at:

Sony SBH20 (Cheapest and I do like Sony headphones - but concerned about sound quality)
    Plantronics GO (mid priced but reviews tend to slate the sound quality)
    Plantronics 903+ (old one but reviews are good)
    Denon AH-W150 (no idea yet!)

Any suggestions or places to start researching would be appreciated, i'm not that "up" on this sort of thing anymore, have been relying on my previous pair for the past 3 years now.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Re: in-ear wireless headphones

As an update to this - I gave up in the end, I simply couldn't find any Bluetooth IEMs or earbuds that sounded good..all had some sort of major flaw, be it size, battery life, sound quality...

So I ended up spending the same sort of money on a proper set of earbuds - Sony XBA2ip's. Got a good deal on them - £84ish from amazon as they are now discontinued (replaced by the XBA20ips)..whathifi earbuds of the year 2012 and they sure do live up to it - best noise isolation and sound quality I've experienced from any earbuds/IEMs before

Maybe someone will solve the Bluetooth issues by this time next year, but for now I'm sticking with wired..

Thread Information