Thread: Kylie Minogue Showgirl Tour review

Thanks

Kylie Minogue Showgirl Tour review

Bang goes my street cred!
    Anyway, saw Ms. Minogue last night following positive report from my sister earlier in the week (my excuse & I'm sticking to it).

Quite enjoyed the support (Melody Club , from Sweden) who were somewhat rockier than I would expect as support to Kylie. The lead singer has obviously spent too much time watching Steven Tyler!

From the pov of someone who normally only sees rock gigs I've got to say that the whole stage show/ theatricality (dancers, costumes et al) side of it is impressive when you are used to only ~ 5 people plus instruments (or in the case of Jackson Browne 1 guy, a chair & 16 guitars - all of which he played). I suspect that you could see it several times & still see something new each time.

On the other hand Kylie's vocals sounded thin, nasal, heavily processed & occasionally painfully shrill. Maybe it was just a bad night but this was the 5th night at Glasgow SECC so you would have thought that the sound should have been sorted (backing was fine - in fact the backing singers sounded better than Kylie).
    Imho it was also very much a performance to the audience as Kylie didn't really seem to engage with them - none of that feeling of the performer(s) & audience feeding off each other & driving it higher. Strangely enough given that Kylie is obviously poppier & has a younger audience I would say that the last Fleetwood Mac gig had more of a party atmosphere & more of the crowd singing along & dancing in the aisles.

Stage show/ production: 9/10
    Kylie: 6.5/10
    Worth seeing for the whole production though.

PS. if anybody actually read/enjoyed this the next reviews could be The Musical Box performing Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway & Daryll Hall & John Oates.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Oh dear

btw was the stage show better than cradle of filths?

Thread Information